Imported anime

Importing for personal use is probably okay, as MrDisco says, but importing an R2 disc for resale might technically be an infringement of copyright licenses. Not because it's an R2 disc per se but because it has probably been licensed for sale only in certain regions.

I wouldn't worry about it, but if you have serious concerns I suggest you ask a lawyer.

Edit: BTW, the importation of R1 DVD's for resale has apparently been a serious issue in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. Here's a case from Sweden: http://www.eurorights.org/pipermail/eurori...uly/000207.html

Edited by ewilen

Importing for personal use is probably okay, as MrDisco says, but importing an R2 disc for resale might technically be an infringement of copyright licenses. Not because it's an R2 disc per se but because it has probably been licensed for sale only in certain regions.

I wouldn't worry about it, but if you have serious concerns I suggest you ask a lawyer.

Edit: BTW, the importation of R1 DVD's for resale has apparently been a serious issue in the UK and elsewhere in Europe. Here's a case from Sweden: http://www.eurorights.org/pipermail/eurori...uly/000207.html

My knowledge of legal issues is little at best, but I don't think anyone would have a problem if you buy an R2 disk, watch it, then sell it as a "used" copy.

I believe that would fall into the category of resale.

Then again, what do I know.

The problem is under EU law any DVD or VHS must have a valid rating cert form the a countires own censorship/rating office before it can be sold in the country and imported DVD's and VHS dont have these so the local film distrubators are using this as a reason to have them seized. The real reson theyre doing it is because if people buy imports they dont then buy the local releases and the distrubators loose money on it, that fair enough i suppose but they cant stop you from importing them yourself

Hybridchild