Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex

Sam

As the topic says, anyone given this game a go from an import at all?

Im having trouble finding info on this game, so thought I might pop the question here to see if anyone has had a go at it?

If yes, just wondering does it subtitle or give english options ?

Thanks in advance ppl :)

Sam

there's no subtitle options. My biggest gripe is that there is no "lock-on" target feature. It makes the fighting very fustrading.

I gave it a "C" rating out of A to F. There's too many thing to list, but I have not time to write a review right now.

The Good:

The license

The GC movies (even though it should be higher quality)

The spider tank

The feature that u can hack into enemies soldiers

Some Cool fighting (but very limiting)

The Bad

The graphics (plain and empty, not up to par compare to recent games like Prince of Persia)

The very bad AI (So bad, that even when you stand right next to him, he doesn't even notice you until a minute later)

No trageting system

Boring puzzles.

Hey thanks for the heads up. I must admit im saddened to hear it sux in those ways you pointed out, I was really looking forward to it. Might have to give it a miss on importing, maybe wait for a local relese to pick it up cheaper. =(

I was really enjoying the series, hoped the game would be the same! The old PS1 game rocked in my opinion!

Thanks again mate. :)

Sam

Well, let's see...

According to the Old Man Murry ® school of game grading things are not looking good so far. Start up the game and what do you see? Crates... and lots of them. Things went downhill from there when I found that it was going to be a jumping game, ie leap to this platform, then to that one... oh and don't fall, 'cause then you'll have to do it all over again.

Man, what piss poor imagination in level design... I mean, how do the toops in any of those sections get out themselves? Do they have to do the jumping thing too? Oh, and how come I can gun down people right and left, but there's no aleart or anything? Man... should have just picked up the sequel to Splinter Cell instead. Too bad.

Ahh, that site proved to be an interesting read! Thanks for that !

Tell ya what though, now im confused whether to get or not. I love GITS, so Im leaning towards ' get and maybe be a little dissappointed but my fandom will overcome its inconsistencies!' :D

I wish I had a fast net connection so I could download, see if i like, then import it!

Sam