Can anyone give me info

samuraid

:D

They are Hong Kong Recasts!

Believe me, sometimes in dept. stores, they have independent retailers that sell things from any sources.

Zero company used to be a long time ago...during the ages of recasts and resins!

If you look closely, they are supposed to have a BigWest sticker or holographic sticker. If not, most likely recast.

Yeah, I'm thinking the Macross Armored Valk is certainly a knockoff- the resin is more an off white colour (but the detail is frigging amazing)

VF-1S Alpha, the company ZERO - did they only do recasts?

The VF-11 box is suspicious- but the resin inside seems to be really high quality- if it's a knockoff it's pretty amazing as well.

The prices were pretty high which probably reflects the really good casts.

Not sure if would sell, but may consider at some point.

I actually have some other interesting Macross stuff that I'll finally be able to display now that I have a web cam- I have a wonderfest Valk with two head choices-Hikaru and Roy (knockoff?) that I'll put up soon.

Edited by samuraid

I believe the GBP is a recast of the Yellow Sub 1/100 GBP. I have the kit, so if you want to be sure you can send me a pic of the instructions or something and Ill compare.

Unless the VF11 is variable I dont think its a recast of the SHE...could be, but I think I saw this kit on Ebay a while ago...it was a fixed battroid kit..not sure if it was a recast of the Reppu or what...but again, you might want to post the instructions or more information and we can be sure. Also, check the models section on the orignal page..theres a lot of information there.

Oh...and Ill add my name to the list of people asking if your going to sell it to please let me know! :)

Are there actually recasts of SHE models out there?

Not that I'm interested, but I would have thought that the complexity and huge number of parts in most SHE kits would be a deturent for recasting (well that and I've never seen a recast of a SHE kit :p )

I'm STILL saveing up for that massive SHE Getter Robo kit which transforms between G1,2 and 3 :lol:

Oddly...I would be interested more in a recast then the original of this kit...I have heard (rumor, I have not seen) that the resin/vinyl Wave uses is pretty cheap...so a good recast might be preferable.

The Wave FSS kits I have all use very high quality resin...no odor, offwhite color, no air bubbles that I can find, no complaints from me about the quality of Wave kits :D ....might you have heard that from someone who purchased a bad recast thinking it was a real Wave kit?

Oddly...I would be interested more in a recast then the original of this kit...I have heard (rumor, I have not seen) that the resin/vinyl Wave uses is pretty cheap...so a good recast might be preferable.

The Wave FSS kits I have all use very high quality resin...no odor, offwhite color, no air bubbles that I can find, no complaints from me about the quality of Wave kits :D ....might you have heard that from someone who purchased a bad recast thinking it was a real Wave kit?

hmm...no...it was from a reseller...odd....well...thats ood to hear...now there more kits for me to buy... :D