Modeling the PPB (pinpoint barrier)

djivaldi7

Movies and TV forum back ~ 2006 has a long dialog about the PPB on the VF-19 , and it reviews history about the tech's creation as a malfunction of a fold drive, and varying opinions about the gradual reduction in size as the series / years go by.   

But, what I can't get any visual on is the tech itself... the fold generator, manifolds, power systems etc that were used for the VF-19 shield or any other mecha up to the SDF-1.

Any concepts or line art exist?  Or any loose comparatives with fold device setups? 

Or am I stuck with just that lovely pink missile on the VF25 ?  Shout-out to anyone who might have better concept art?

P8233827.jpg

5 hours ago, djivaldi7 said:

But, what I can't get any visual on is the tech itself... the fold generator, manifolds, power systems etc that were used for the VF-19 shield or any other mecha up to the SDF-1.

In short, they don't exist for the PPB.

Regarding the Fold System itself, I am aware of 2 images, both from SDFM.  One is the system inside the Factory Satellite (I can't find the images online), the other is the Fold System in the SDF-1 (note the person for scale):

macross-misc-foldengines.png

From the SDF-1 Macross link on: https://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/sdfmacross-index.html

While the greebles are different, the overall shape of the Fold System is the same.

Edited by sketchley

So progressing from that generation to Frontier, you go from a huge engine room to a ghost or large missile sized accessory (albeit for a much smaller ship...the VF25). Is anything documented for that unit? I don't believe VFDN or Macross Variable Designer Notes did...