My Hasegawa VF-19A build up!

GunnerX

Hi All! Here are some progress pics of my VF-19A, i didn't take as many pictures compared to my VF-1J, but it's cool to see it from the initial stage to the final product! ;)

The completed model can be seen at the Model Kits section here! :

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=4382

Here's the top half of the fuselage, i fitted on the top fins and puttied off the

gap in between, spent a lot of time trying to make sure the fins were at the same level! :D

post-23-1075738934_thumb.jpg

The legs are the next to be fixed together, i've placed the landing gears in first because the landing gear covers don't block the wheels too much... thankfully, the wheel and the pin fastening it to the landing gear are two seperate pieces... easier to paint!

post-23-1075739405_thumb.jpg

It looks great so far. I have to admit I like the way the fuselage looks in you picture. I like the way you light source makes it look like the paint goes from bright white fading into a blue. I realize it is a trick of the light, but it looks kind of cool. Maybe I will have to build my VF-1 and see if I can get that effect. Keep the progress reports coming.

It looks great so far. I have to admit I like the way the fuselage looks in you picture. I like the way you light source makes it look like the paint goes from bright white fading into a blue. I realize it is a trick of the light, but it looks kind of cool. Maybe I will have to build my VF-1 and see if I can get that effect. Keep the progress reports coming.

Hi wasp! Nope, that's not trick of light! The white paint is actually a base coat primer, i just sprayed the front portion to see whether there are any gaps i missed for the fins! :) But that effect won't be difficult with an airbrush methinks! :D