Question Regarding the VF-11B

VE Telus

Hey all. This is my first posting here at Macross World. I'm a longtime Transformer fan that became a recent (read: 5 days ago) convert, thanks to a visiting friend from California who was getting Macross merchandise for her BF. Here's hoping I don't plunge right in ...

I do have a question about the the VF-11B, by Yamato. I see there are two versions. One is packaged in robot mode, the other in plane mode. What's the difference? Are they different scales? Which one is better?

*scratches head*

Edited by VE Telus

Both are the same, just different releases. The one packaged in fighter mode is better. Not only does it have extra armor, in the fastpacks, it also does not suffer from the defects of the other. The Faspack version has better hips, the original's hips were extremly weak, breaking in the box on a few occasions.

What's the difference? Are they different scales? Which one is better?

*scratches head*

Welcome to the MW Forums VE Telus. I'm also a longtime TF fan that has come back into the fray because of Masterpiece Convoy (and to some extent....Unicron).

Both VF-11B's are made by Yamato.

They're both 1:72 scale.

A slight mold (i.e. upgrade) has been changed on the NEW Fast Pack version. The original VF-11B (which was released around 2000) has a MAJOR case of broken hip syndrome. When Yamato decided to release the VF-11B w/ Fast Packs earlier this year it seemed to fix that problem. With the addition of Fast Pack Armor it's quite a difference from the original.

I'm sure you'll be able to find more threads about this topic. Just search this forum. :p