Translation required

waylandcool

A poster over on Seibertron.com posted this link from Ehobby and mention something about a deal on Transformers. Since I can't read Japanese, I was wondering if anyone here could enlighten me as do what the page says.

Original Post:

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/tf_info.html

When u buy any thing from ehobby. U can win any Transform.

and bad news is...Please read top.

Arigatou

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by waylandcool

Basically, you buy any of the eHobby limited items, you'll be entered into a lottery to get one of the items below....

I can't see the pictures (assuming there are any) so I'm not sure I got the entire message about the items, but here's the awards...

20 94Road Rage (dunno what the number is in front) and 95Crosscut

3 25Trailbreaker

2 24Thundercracker

2 06Meister (gold plated vers.)

2 08 Streak (anime colored ver.)

1 D-56Ramjet

So, 30 possible awards by lottery to all the people who buy the eHobby Limited Transformers (whatever these are.)

Or something like that....

I figured that was the case. I was planning on ordering some of their limiteds anyways as soon as they return my email about how people who aren't fluent in Japanese order from their site. Thank you again for the translation gnollman. I appreciate you taking the time to help me. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Me.

No, really, digital translators (programs and the like) aren't really up to the task of translating any language, much less one as potentially complex as Japanese. Or at least, not the ones available free of charge....

No, really, digital translators (programs and the like) aren't really up to the task of translating any language, much less one as potentially complex as Japanese. Or at least, not the ones available free of charge....

Agreed here. Translation programs tend to be good at grammer and vocab (spelling) but lousy in context. Since Japanese has a lot of similar (or even same) sounding words, a translation program can create a lot of hilarious effects... unintentionally.

The best translators are the amikai-based ones. Sometimes you even get readable prose out of them, and even if you don't, as long as there's enough text you can often piece the meaning together.

Amikai-based translators include ones at nifty.co.jp and excite.co.jp.

BTW, Shawn started a thread on this topic a while back. More details there, including some comparison translations.

Edited by ewilen