Embodiment of perfection

KYQ

I got this puppy today and DANG it's sweet. Yes, I've got the disease as I've now got 3 valks (a max 1A, hikaru 1S and the 1J), and this is perhaps the sweetest one of them all! I decided to get just the regular version though to save money and I saw very little difference between the fast packs (I've not seen the show before). Besides, Macross isn't the only robot line I have to worry about :lol:

Agreed,

This is definitly my second favorite, the Lowviz being the first one on my list.

About the fastpack, there are major differences not all in terms of features but mostly in terms of aesthetics. The color looks really good with the creamy white and clashes less than the darker green used in the DYRL fastpack. For those who have seen the fastpack of the vf-1j 1/60 scale compared to the VF-1S strike 1/60, you'll understand what I mean by color difference because I think they are identical more or less to the 1/48 packs.

This is a kick ass toy in any configuration too. I like how the head fits with the fuselage in fighter mode cause it doesn't stick out too much compared to the Vf-1J but a bit more than the Vf-1a who is the flushest of the 3 models.

I think I read someone's post where it was mentionned that the plastic seems to be of better quality that the other 1/48 valks. While I agree that it looks more robust, I think it may just be an illusion because usually whiter plastic looks more transluscent and brittle than darker colors.

Wow gotta stop writting if I wanna be able to go back home and mess with my 1J

Bye

Agreed,

This is definitly my second favorite, the Lowviz being the first one on my list.

About the fastpack, there are major differences not all in terms of features but mostly in terms of aesthetics. The color looks really good with the creamy white and clashes less than the darker green used in the DYRL fastpack. For those who have seen the fastpack of the vf-1j 1/60 scale compared to the VF-1S strike 1/60, you'll understand what I mean by color difference because I think they are identical more or less to the 1/48 packs.

This is a kick ass toy in any configuration too. I like how the head fits with the fuselage in fighter mode cause it doesn't stick out too much compared to the Vf-1J but a bit more than the Vf-1a who is the flushest of the 3 models.

I think I read someone's post where it was mentionned that the plastic seems to be of better quality that the other 1/48 valks. While I agree that it looks more robust, I think it may just be an illusion because usually whiter plastic looks more transluscent and brittle than darker colors.

Wow gotta stop writting if I wanna be able to go back home and mess with my 1J

Bye

Damn you! Reading all that buttery talk about the 1J while seeing your avatar gyrate in the corner of my eye...now I HAVE to splurge and buy one! And I wasn't going to buy any more 1/48s! GAHH!!! :p

Damn you! Reading all that buttery talk about the 1J while seeing your avatar gyrate in the corner of my eye...now I HAVE to splurge and buy one! And I wasn't going to buy any more 1/48s! GAHH!!! :p

I COMMAND YOU !!!

Surrender to the ondulating 1/48 goddess and buy one for yourself and one for Montarvillois....

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

I got mine today from VE and all I can say is: Damn.

This is what a near $200 toy should be like. Yamato really took their time with this guy, several things have been beefed up since previous 1/48 releases... most notably the paint quality and build quality. I've always loved the Hikaru VF-1J the most and now I have a toy I can be buried with.

Edit to add: Hey did anyone else notice the sticker sheets? Could there be a 1/48 Max/Milia, VT-102 or Brownie in the near future? Here's hoping.

I also love, love, love the meaty hands. Nice big rubbery mittens that look perfect. No more limp-wristed DYRL narrow girly hands for me! B))

Edited by JsARCLIGHT