Yamato 1/48 VF-1 questions.....NEED HELP PLEASE

SiniStar

I have finally opend up the first three 1/48 VF-1s and transformed them and I have a few questions.When moving the arms into part of the GERWALK mode there were "tabs" under each arm where the shoulder part unfolds. I tried to lock the arms down when transforming the valkyrie back to fighter mode However i was not able to. Are the arms suppsed to lay flat when in fighter mode? Or are the pieces that connect the shoulders supposed to be at an angle? I had also checked the other valkyries and the arms are the same. Is there a purpose for those tabs? Does anyone have any information? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have finally opend up the first three 1/48 VF-1s and transformed them and I have a few questions.When moving the arms into part of the GERWALK mode there were "tabs" under each arm where the shoulder part unfolds. I tried to lock the arms down when transforming the valkyrie back to fighter mode However i was not able to. Are the arms suppsed to lay flat when in fighter mode? Or are the pieces that connect the shoulders supposed to be at an angle? I had also checked the other valkyries and the arms are the same. Is there a purpose for those tabs? Does anyone have any information? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No, not flat. They are suppoesd to lie at an angle. Those tabs serve no visible purpose except to keep them at that angle.

the arms just sorta rest loosely against the valk. . .

You get the sense of them being solidly connected by first pinching the arms together at the forearms until the peg on one forearm goes into the hole on the other. Then, you move both arms as a unit up and place them between the legs. The legs have pegs on them down near the ankle. Those pegs also pop into holes on the forearms. It is all rather snug and nice once you figure it out.

But, at the shoulders. . . they just sorta lie there with no "snapping in" at all.

Best Regards,

H

i couldnt lock them either then i found out that they are not needed