Just got my first 1/48th..

McJob

I received the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S. Having never actually seen one in person, I was surprised at how big the box was and how impressive the figure is. The only slight issue that I had with it was that the cockpit canopy was slightly misaligned out of package, but that was easily fixed23. Actually, it's the first valkyrie-type toy since I traded my GI Joe Hydrofoil for a complete Jetfire and Ultra Magnus. I spent probably 20-30 minutes trying to transform the thing without breaking some of the small parts, but when I was able to work it through from fighter all the way through battroid, I gotta say there was a slight sense of accomplishment :D .

However, I do have a question. How sturdy are the little ring pieces on the inner leg (the piece that connects the leg to the swing bar)? Does it break easily? If so, is there a easy way of fixing it? If not, is the figure basically busted?

Anyway, now I gotta figure out how to put the decals on. I've never been very good at it.

I received the 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S. Having never actually seen one in person, I was surprised at how big the box was and how impressive the figure is. The only slight issue that I had with it was that the cockpit canopy was slightly misaligned out of package, but that was easily fixed23. Actually, it's the first valkyrie-type toy since I traded my GI Joe Hydrofoil for a complete Jetfire and Ultra Magnus. I spent probably 20-30 minutes trying to transform the thing without breaking some of the small parts, but when I was able to work it through from fighter all the way through battroid, I gotta say there was a slight sense of accomplishment :D .

However, I do have a question. How sturdy are the little ring pieces on the inner leg (the piece that connects the leg to the swing bar)? Does it break easily? If so, is there a easy way of fixing it? If not, is the figure basically busted?

Anyway, now I gotta figure out how to put the decals on. I've never been very good at it.

I haven't heard a single person complain about breakage problems in the leg area. Although, caution is your friend...always.

The Achilles' Heel of the Yamato 1/48 is the backpack attachements. Particularly if you're attaching FAST packs. Check out this thread for more info.