Where can I buy Paints, Sprays and etc in US?

aatomoyo

Most Hobby Lobby, Hobbytown USA, and any small one-off hobby shops will have what you need. You may have to look in more than one store to find certain shades (Ever try to find light ghost grey?), but those 3 won't do you wrong.

Also, I wouldn't know about Tamiya Basic Spray Works, because I work really only in Testor's.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Well, since I can help you, I will respond. Tamiya's sprays are generally good. Their primer - fine white - is one of the best you can get due to its even coverage and self-leveling properties. In some cases, for example just a white coloured piece, a couple of coats of the white primer will do the job. The rest of the spray lacquers aren't too bad. Their metallics leave a lot to be desired. Colours like 'Gunmetal' have large metallic flakes in them and do not provide a good finish, so I'd steer away from them. 'Silverleaf' seems to be their only metallic I'd use again. Their gloss black (TS-14?) is essential for good metallic finishes as it provides an excellent surface for reflective paints to go over, like Alclad II.

One of the other benefits is that they have a really good colour range as well. But you will probably want to use an airbrush eventually, so I would suggest investigating the possiblities there.

Edited by PetarB