Those black portions of the valk...

xPLAN303Ex

I am still working on my first valk. I noticed that Hasegawa includes a lot of the black lines (thick) of the model as decals, now I know the best approach is to mask and paint and forget about those decals. Now my question is, my base coat already has Future on it, I didn't plan to mask and paint again but I will, what is the best approach to end with a smooth painted on effect? I mean, how do I prevent the edge of the second coat of paint (the black) to be raised?

Thanks in advance.

I am still working on my first valk. I noticed that Hasegawa includes a lot of the black lines (thick) of the model as decals, now I know the best approach is to mask and paint and forget about those decals. Now my question is, my base coat already has Future on it, I didn't plan to mask and paint again but I will, what is the best approach to end with a smooth painted on effect? I mean, how do I prevent the edge of the second coat of paint (the black) to be raised?

Thanks in advance.

Airbrush very thin paint at very low pressure. Always works for me...well usually. ;)

Kenny

Some of the black lines are not so bad to do as decals. ~ the only ones I really hate are the almost pin stripe ones and the nose cone ones. But careful masking and low preassure air brushing will see you right.