Total noob question...

salsaking

Hi there all. Long time no post here. I'm an avid macross toy fan, but these days, I've been having an urge to build models. The only models I've built so far are the Gundam MG models. Nothing too complicated there. I'm talking about the onesyou have to cement and paint. I've been wanting to try it for some time, I've ordered some Hasegawa kits from HLJ, but before starting, I'd like some advice, like:

1) what's the ideal cement for injection plastic model kits?

2)what's the best way to paint them and with what type of paint?

3)what to do with floppy joints on poseable kits?

Thanks a bunch already.

hi there...

1. Most people like to use superglue, others use model cement that melts the plastic fusing them toguether and also saving themself having to puty the seam and just sand

2. Absolutely best way to paint a model is by airbrushing, type of paint depends what's your taste, acrylics or enamels

3. Usually adding a coat of paint on the joint before assembling makes it a bit tighter, but in time it will wear, models are mostly to remain static and handle very little, in the end, they are very delicate...

you made very simple and vague questions my friend, there's a lot more to modelling, you should really scour this section of the forum, you will find most of the info you need to learn to model, but no matter how much you read about it, only way to do it right is to practice a lot

good luck!

EDIT: oh yeah, I forgot, you got Hasegawas, those are great kits, but I suggest you get yourself some cheap imai or bandai macross kits and practice with them before you do the hasegawas, the added experience on this cheap kits will make you value the great details of the hases

Edited by Valkyrie addict