playing burned PSX2 Games

Chicago

Hello everyone, I was able to download the new macross game from a shareware program and the files are in a bin and que format. Does anyone know if in need a dvd burner to burn the game to a dvd disk or can I just burn a already burned game directly to a cdr using a cd burning program? I fI burn it using a regular cd writer, will it still play on a psx2 if i have the swap disk?

Thanks

CH

There always seems to be the question "what do I do with a .bin and .cue file" in these forums so I figured I would write a quick and simple tutorial. Please feel free to add more.

So you have downloaded two files, one with a .bin extension and one with a .cue extension. "What do I do with these?" you ask. There are a number of options.

BURN TO CD

You will need either NERO, CDRWIN or FIREBURNER to burn the file.

To burn with NERO:

Start NERO, choose FILE, choose BURN IMAGE, locate the .cue file you have and double click it. A dialog box will come up, for anything other than music make sure you choose DISC-AT-ONCE (DAO). You can also turn off the simulation burn if you so choose.

Then burn away.

To burn with CDRWin:

Start CDRWin, choose the button on the top left, choose LOAD CUESHEET, press START RECORDING.

To burn with Fireburner:

Start Fireburner, click on the button on the bottom left corner "VISUAL CUE BURNER/BINCHUNKER", press the right mouse button and choose LOAD TRACKS FROM .CUE and choose the correct .CUE file, press the right mouse button again and chooseselect "Burn/Test Burn", choose DISK AT ONCE (DAO), disable TEST BURN and MULTISESSION, press OK.

.CUE ERRORS

The most common error you will get with a .cue file is when it points to an incorrect path. This is easily fixed. Find the .bin file, copy the exact title including the .bin extension. Now find the .cue file, open the .cue file using notepad. It should look similar to this:

FILE "name of file.bin" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 MODE2/2352

INDEX 00 00:04:00

INDEX 01 00:06:00

Delete everything in the quotes, in this case we would

delete name of file.bin. Now place the title you copied

in between the quotes. Save the changes and close out.

Thats it, your .cue file should work now.

OTHER WAYS TO USE .BIN & .CUE FILES

VCDGear:

This program will allow you to extract MPEG streams from CD images, convert VCD files to MPEG, correct MPEG errors, and more.

Daemon Tools:

This program creates a virtual drive on your PC which will allow you to "mount" the .cue file and use whatever is in the .bin file without having to burn it to a cd.

ISOBuster:

This program will allow you to "bust" open the .bin file and extract the files within the .bin.

John375

.BIN / .CUE / .ISO Frequently asked questions.

h**p://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/7976

Please credit AfterDawn for the below guide

23 Sep 2002 2:29 PM

========================

1) What is a .BIN? What is a .CUE? What is an .ISO

The .BIN / .CUE CD image format was made popular by the CDRWin software. Afterwards many programs have started supporting or partially supporting it, including: Nero, BlindWrite, CloneCD, FireBurner. The .CUE file contains the track layout information, while the .BIN file holds the actual data.

.ISO is also a CD image format, but the one single .ISO file contains both: the data and the CD layout information.

2) I have download .BIN&.CUE/.ISO files - what to do with them?

You can burn them to a CD-R or a CD-RW with:

-Alcohol 120% - My favourite, excellent software, easy and yet very advanced (burns ISO, BIN/CUE, CCD, CDI, BWT files!):

h**p://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/alcohol120.cfm

- BlindWrite - easy to use: h**p://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/blindwrite_suite.cfm

- FireBurner - also very good, a single .EXE file! h**p://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/fireburner.cfm

- BurnAtOnce - A handy and FREE tool for burning .bin/.cue/.iso. Easy to use!

h**p://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/burnatonce.cfm

- Nero - many of you have this, but it can't handle all image files:

h**p://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/nero.cfm

- CDRWin - This is the original BIN/CUE software:

h**p://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/cdrwin.cfm

You can also mount image files as virtual CD-ROM drives using

Alcohol - h**p://cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/alcohol120.cfm

Daemon Tools - h**p://www.cd-rw.org/software/cdr_software/cdr_tools/daemon_tools.cfm

There are also several softwares you can use to exploit & manipulate BIN/CUE files in various ways:

CDMage - h**p://www.geocities.com/cdmage/

IsoBuster - h**p://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

3) I have a .BIN file but no .CUE?

.CUE can be made with just Notepad. A typical Playstation(One or 2) .CUE file looks like this:

FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 1 MODE2/2352

INDEX 1 00:00:00

A typical PC CD-ROM .CUE looks like this:

FILE "IMAGE.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

Notice the difference of the track mode - PC-ROMs being Mode 1, Playstations CDs Mode 2 and (Super)Video CDs are also MODE2/2352.

4) How do I make .BIN/.CUE files?

CDRWin or the BIN/CUE format is not ideal for distributing. BlindWrite suite and CloneCD perform a lot better in this purpose and can also handle various copy protections. Both of these softwares can also create .CUE files for increased compatibility

5) I have a .BIN & .CUE, but my CD writing software can't locate the .BIN file?

Edit the .CUE file with Notepad (or similar) and verify that the FILE "C:\path\image.bin" matches the location of your image file

6) My image file is IMAGE.BIN.EXE and I can't rename it!

Go to command promt and type "REN IMAGE.BIN.EXE IMAGE.BIN", (works with .ISO and other extensions as well).

You can do this on Windows desktop too, but first check the options from TOOLS->FOLDER OPTIONS->VIEW and uncheck the "Hide extensions from known file types".

Hello everyone, I was able to download the new macross game from a shareware program and the files are in a bin and que format. Does anyone know if in need a dvd burner to burn the game to a dvd disk or can I just burn a already burned game directly to a cdr using a cd burning program? I fI burn it using a regular cd writer, will it still play on a psx2 if i have the swap disk?

Thanks

CH

Did you get the DVDRip of this game? Sounds like it, cuz bin/cue's are never used for DVD images... Just burn with Alcohol 120% or CDRWin, should be fine...

well, if you use e-mule and serch for all macross items the game is up as a dvdrip and if I use a regular cd writer, I hope the burn will work. Looks like some one else went to the trouble to rip it. Wont be able to find out if it works until my swap cds arrive. I havent tried to extract it but the uncompressed file is 775 megs

Edited by Chicago

Straight up Kiddies, use alchol 120% for all .bin files EXCEPT for ps2 games. (Use alchohol for EVERYTHING Dreamcast related)

(For some reasons not all ps2 .bin files have come out for me, even on slower speeds.)

CDRWIN is the defacto prog for burning PS2 .bin files

When using CDrWin to burn the .bin file

Click the "record Disc" tab

Load the cuesheet for the bin file

Choose the slowest speed your burner will handle.

Wait for the disc to be ready

(If you guys are finding the complete DVD online for D/L let me know.

Would like to check that as well. DVD rip is missing movies and some sound)

About emule version.

Just start dl it, but found that tail of image filled with zeros. Don't know exact size of zero block, i think it 200-100Mb in size.

I don't want waste time and bandwight for crap or fake. Who already have working dvd iso image please post it size in bytes and, if possible, edonkey hash.

It in edonkey/emule

Name TLF-CONSOLE-10.21.03.Macross_Super_Dimension_Fortress_JAP_PS2DVD-ORGASM.iso

Size 1230897152

Hash DBEFDA2A758F497E37341C5416F1F4C0

Hash taked from edk link

Edited by S-47 Berkut