Anyone has any experience with this brand of airbrush?

vaped

Hello all! I've just joined this forum after buying a bandai valk kit. Now im lookin at airbrushes...I'm not sure if this hobby is goin to be a passing thing or a long affair. So i looked around and found the popular/respected brands are usually around the price of $100+USD. I saw this brand of airbrush called Master Airbrush at this webby

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/abdbrand.aspx

Anyone has any experience with this brand? Price is ok with me since the exchange rate is quite favourable. Am thinkin of using my old CO2 canister as a compressed air source. Anyone has experience using this as well? i have one that i used for my aquarium..comes with a regulator as well. Do hope experieced forummers could assist me. Thanks! Where i come from Gundam seems to be more commonly found...than macross kits. :rolleyes:

Hi, what do you mean you used a airbrush in a aquarium? My recomindation is a Paasche H (is a single action) and a small compresser you can get all that for a round 120ish.

If you want VARY cheap Hobby Lobby has a Paasche Air brush and cans of air that is a round 35, it work well for the price but the cone can be sicky but it will loosen up over time.

http://www.craftsetc.com/store/search.aspx...rchTerm=paasche

Has H and the starter but no air as it is to hard to ship contens under pressuer and all.

I think maybe he used the CO2 canister for his aquarium. That should be good to use as an air source for the airbrush. If you use a CO2 tank then you can get away without a moisture trap as the CO2 will be moisture free.

While the airbrushes in your link look good, I have no idea about that brand's quality. A good quality airbrush will be more economical in the long run and be more pleasing to work with. Try to do some more research as I've heard that some of the better airbrush companies sometimes make brushes that are sold by another brand name.

I didn't know the model but it appears I have the Paasche H that was mentioned above. I've had it for more than 20 years. It is OK, I've done all of my models with it for a long (long) time... I suppose there could be a lot better, but until I get totally frustrated, I don't plan to upgrade. I've used it for models as well as for illustration. For gradients, you probably can do a lot better. For just spray painting, it is OK I think.

Examples of work painted with this airbrush:

cE

My dad and I have had well over a hundred of the H series in the last twenty years. I run a taxidermy school (Family business we use to have a taxidermy supply company Rinehart Taxidermy Supply, you can also get the brushes form them) the H series what we have for everything. We teach people who have never used a air brush trust me the H is very Tuff. Now the cheep starter I have only tested for Fish kit and it will do he job but i say get the H.

Just my .02 hope it didn't sound too much like a rant.

Thank you to all who has replied, i will take a look at the Paasche H airbrush and see if its within budget :lol:

Do intend to use the co2 canister and thanks for the moisture trap thingy jardann...confirms what i read on the net. Will update this thread once i've decided which brush im getting..have a good weekend guys & gals.