Best tool for panel lining

protogarland

Forgive me if this has been posted before but I was unable to find it. What is the best tool to use for panel lining Yamatos 1/48ths?

Thanks for your time.

I really like the Pigma Micron 005 (0.20mm)...now the color is your preference. $3 USD at Hobby Lobby or Michaels Crafts.

You can use the pen misterryno stated and he seems to have had great success with them, you can use a copic marker which is finer at 0.02mm tip but a lot like to use a mechanical pencil. Gunze Sangyo has a gundam pencil with 0.3mm leads which is a little finer than standard types at about 0.5mm. If you use a pen type make sure it is an achole based version as once dry it won't smudge and you don't have to add a clear coat which just makes more work.

The pencil would be best if you are not confident as all you need is an eraser for mistakes. Other than that you go into washes like we use on models but this can be time consuming and a pain if you don't know what you are doing. I'd go with either the pencil or the pens as you get a good effect with either. :)