Newbie needs some help

Lukas

Thank you I found this Thread already and wrote Anasazi37 an email. ^^

I wouldn't have any problems with cutting them out as long as the result is worth it.

I don't think you'll be disapointed. The stickers for the newer valks are better in quality than the 1/48 deals but they still don't come close to the color and vibrancy of the after market stickers you can find here.

What should I take if I'm not planning on painting my valk (no under coating, no clear coating also)? Stickers or waterslide decals?

I always thought waterslide decals look better, but I'm not sure if they can be used on a mint valk right out of the box...

What should I take if I'm not planning on painting my valk (no under coating, no clear coating also)? Stickers or waterslide decals?

I always thought waterslide decals look better, but I'm not sure if they can be used on a mint valk right out of the box...

I'm not a modeling guy, but afaik, decals should get a protective coat on them to help maintian them, though they look superior as they're thinner and they conform to contours and groves of the surface better. Stickers are easier to place and maintain.

Thought that Anasazi37 coats them for extra money so that they are protected enough (both stickers and decals).

So what's that protective coating he offers for than? Only to protect the sets while shipping?

--edit--

This might help other too... it's the answer directly from Devin (Anasazi37):

The coating is designed to protect the decals during application from the harsh chemicals found in decal setting solutions. If you’re planning on applying the decals directly to a mint valk, with no other preparation, I’d suggest the stickers. They still look really good and are far easier to apply and remove. The sticker protective coating is designed to prevent the occasional scratch or ding when handling the valk after sticker application, so you might want to have that put on if you decide to go with stickers.
Edited by Lukas

Thought that Anasazi37 coats them for extra money so that they are protected enough (both stickers and decals).

So what's that protective coating he offers for than? Only to protect the sets while shipping?

--edit--

This might help other too... it's the answer directly from Devin (Anasazi37):

honestly don't know. you might want to post this question in the modeling or customizing question where the modeler's lurk. They can give you an in depth answer, I'm sure.