Gundam 1/144 HGUC kits vs. 1/144 HG kits

would these be the appropriate size to kit bash hasegawa 1/72 macross battroids/valks with? i am pretty sure i figured out the two mode transformation process of the VF-X-3 Star Crusader Valk and didn't want to waste my money thinking i could just order some stuff up and start taking parts here and there. Personally i like the HGUC line of gundams, large enough to build, yet small enough to collect. thanks for the help

dax

1/144th Gundams don't really scale to 1/72nd Valkyries. If you are just using them for greeblies you might get some parts that will work. Another choice might be to grab up some 72nd scale aircraft for kitbashing and HLJ has Wave and Kotobukiya product lines which have tons of sets of thursters, verniers, sensors etc.

okay, i got a HGUC which appears about the right size to bash with my hasegawa macross, but i also got a 1/144 HG Gundam Wing kit and it is about the size of a Mobile Suit in Action figure.....what's up with that?...can anyone clear up the confusion, thanks!

The HGUC and the Gundam Wing are different sizes in real life. (or would be if they were real)

One is maybe 150' tall, and the other is only 100' tall. So, when both are scaled down to the same ratio 1/144 or 1/72 or whatever, one is still going to be smaller than the other. A figure of a 6' tall person should be the same size from either kit, but the robots will be different heights because they are different heights in "real" life.

thanks jardann! that clears stuff up immensely. though i think somebody needs to tell that to the people at bandai who make the mobile suit in action series though, cause its about the same height as the other gundams.

Yeah, enough people have problems with scale differences. When companies start making mistakes or simply making things all the same size rather than in scale to each other, then confusion really sets in. :wacko:

I have to confess though, I don't know all the different sizes that different Gundams are supposed to be.

Way too many to keep track of! :lol:

Edited by jardann