what are the best macross models?

RichyX

hello peeps

my name is rich and from uk, new to this site and im glad ive found it :D

my question isin the title, i.e which ar ethe better akes to go for hen buying these

ive only seen a small select amount for sale, and thats mainly ebay, carnt seem to find anyone in the uk that sells them

alls i have at the minute is 1 yamato (thinks its a cannon fodde) brown and white? but his arm broke so i only keep him in robot form now on display

could anyone help me out on where to get these macross items as theer just amazing in detail and would like to try and start to collect these, (also collect g1 transformers)

id be very grateful for any info on the macross saga aswell and what to look out for etc as im very new to this

ive got all the uk released dvds of robotech and macross plus (cool dvd) i will be getting macross, do you remember love and macross zero even though theer in japanese language only!

i have a couple of ronotech masterpieces which are all boxed and stored at the mo, these are also hard to find

but anyhows just to say im here and hope to find this site a good info site and a nice place to be like my car one i was :D

thanks rich

ps if anyone could post pics of there collection so i can get an idea of whats out there would be fantastic

B))

Hello RichyX

welcome to the boards, you'll find lots of usefull info in here

well, you're question is sorta vague, what kind of model are you looking for? what is your budget?

if you want scale models, the best ones are mostly from Hasegawa

if you want toys, currently, the best is Yamato, but they are sorta expensive and right know you have reached a sorta big debate on the forum about their toys, in general, they are very good in detail, but it sometimes leaves a bit more desired for their price

the Robotech masterpiece valks you mention are for some reason expensive and consider a collector item but they are really nowhere near as good as Yamato's, but if you want to make a profit, keep them sealed up cause their market value keeps increasing over the years

it's nice that you're getting into a lot of Macross, but errrr.... try not to mention 'robotech' too much here since people aren't very fond of it (long story) and also, don't dwell too much on Macross 7, hhahaha! theirs a newbie thread that might be usefull (if you want to read 80 plus pages)

also for peoples collection, you might want to check the 'display your collection' thread

Display collection

hope this help, good luck, nice to have a new member, welcome aboard!

Welcome to the boards. Im also new here. must admit I did learn a lot from the guys in here. started collecting macross toys...

As valkyrie addict suggested yamato would be the choice if budget is not the problem. ^_^

Edited by Alain

thanks for the reply

ill try and keep robotech to a minimum now then lol

i want to start to collect the built models and toys, they will be only display anyhow as there too much detail to be played with i think

i do have some model kits but havnt a clue where to start on these yet

1 is just a valkire and the other with the gbp armour is it? anyhow there going to take ame a good fe months to build and paint etc :blink:

ill take a look in teh newbies section but 80 pages is quite long :o

and will go take a look at that link to see some of your colections so i can be jealous of :lol:

thanks for the replie much appricated

:D