Gundam Dx And 1/60 Models

Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to compile a list of 1/60 Gundam stuff, models and toys. Here's what I know :

Toys:

Wing Gundam DX

God Gundam DX

Shining Gundam DX

Dragon Gundam DX (does anyone know how rare this is? I have one but haven't seen another, even on ebay)

GP01

GP02

Models (excluding Perfect grade kits)

Wing Zero

Freedom/Lightning Freedom

Strike Gundam

V2 Gundam

God Gundam

Shining Gundam

F91 Gundam

Force Impulse Gundam

the Nu Gundam DX and Sazabi DX from Chars Countterattack were made, as for the Gp-01 DX i believe it is the Full Burner one which is different from the normal GP-01.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

What I can think of off the top of my head...

Toys:

Yup, the GP01Fb Full Vernier was the one.

There's also the Wing Zero Custom from HK.

Models:

The 1/60 Glorious series which consisted of the MS-09 Dom, MS-09RS Dom (Char Aznable's Custom), and the MS-07B Gouf.

:D

The DX GP-01Fb and GP-02A aren't exactly 1/60. They are the same SIZE as the DX Shining/God/Wing but once you realize that these AU Gundams are smaller and shorter than the 0083 Gundams, you'll know why they used the DX label and did not put 1/60 anywhere on the box for the 0083 ones.

The DX Dragon Gundam was released in the early 1990s when G Gundam was first shown in Japan. A few years later when Bandai released plated versions of the Macross 7 Valks, the DX Dragon got a gold plated release as well.

1/60 Gundam model kits has been around since the very beginning. When Bandai ran out of releases during the initial Gunpla craze in 1/100 and 1/144, they scaled up the most popular ones and released 1/60 versions of

- Gundam

- Zaku II

- Char's Zaku II

- Dom

- Gelgoog

The kits were horrible across the line - joint design and proportions was simplistic and often worse than their 1/100 counterpart so they wouldn't have support issues. About their only redeeming quality was that the Zeon ones came with built-in LED housing for the monoeye, but LEDs were sold separately and didn't come with the kit.

If you have ancient issues of Hobby Japan dating back to the early 1980s, you will find some amazing work people did with these, particularly an all-hatch-open Gundam and a pimped-out Dom filled with interior details.

When Bandai ran out of designs from the show they went with the original MSV (Mobile Suit Variation) and modified the molds to release

Full Armor Gundam

High Moiblity Zaku II (Black Tri-Stars version)

High Mobility Zaku II (Johnny Ridden custom)

Gelgoog Cannon

There was even a bubblecast version of the Black Tri-Stars version of High Mobility Zaku in gigantic 1/30 scale. This puppy was never reissued after its initial release in the 1980s and command quite a bit in online auctions even though it's really a crappy kit.

There's also the 1/60 non-transformable version of Zeta Gundam kit released during the show's first broadcast in Japan.

The F91 toydel marked a shift from pure 1/60 model kti to a DX toy. The quality was a huge improvement compared to previous 1/60 model kits and reached the line's pinnacle with the original Japanese release of the 1/60 DX Wing Gundam. It came with electronic parts that light up and make sounds, a key feature that was removed in the cheapened down HK and US editions. From there on the DX line degraded in quality both in terms of proportions and joint design, evident in the 0083 and CCA releases.