Macross translation source archive

ewilen

I've finished scanning the pages from This is Animation 11 that look most promising. I also took the liberty of uploading the scans made by TheLoneWolf and posted in the "Zentradi boycott" thread.

For those unfamiliar with that discussion, it segued into a debate on when, exactly, the creators of Macross (Kawamori, et. al.) decided that DYRL was a movie in the Macross universe. Most believe that this decision was a retcon introduced in 1994 without precedent or foreshadowing. Keith argued that the decision had been made much earlier, and that this could be deduced from cues in DYRL and Flashback 2012. Various circumstantial evidence was brought forward, but nothing concrete. While no one's mind was changed, we agreed that it would useful to attempt translation of various promising "primary sources", in the hope of discovering concrete evidence bearing on the debate and generally adding to the amount of original Macross information available in English. JsArclight has generously taken it upon himself to bankroll at least some of the translation.

All the scans can be accessed from this page. If you have any comments or translations, please PM or email me. (Also, if TheLoneWolf would prefer that I take his scans off my site--please let me know.)