Which part(s) of Megazone made the Robotech Movie?

Vinny

I just picked up a set of Megazone 23. I was a bit confused after the first part, so went to try and find some sites that could maybe help clear it up. I stumbled upon something saying parts of Megazone were edited into a Robotech movie. I checked the Robotech FAQ dealy at the top of this forum, and while it did confirm about Megazone being turned into the Robotech Movie, it didn't say which parts. So, I'm asking now ^_^ Which parts of Megazone were edited into the Robotech movie?

The first Megazone was hacked up and a new ending put on it to make the Robotech movie.

As I grew older I quickly discovered that most things like vampires and boogey-men were just myths to scare children, but imagine my shock when I learned the stories of a Robotech movie was true.

Some words of wisdom I think bear repeating now:

Friends don't let friends watch Robotech: The Movie.

They used stuff from each episode? How? Part I and II follow Shiyo and both parts of Part III focus on an entirely different character. Did they just mix everyone all up?

If I recall right, the bit about Yuri and the producer, as well as lead up to Shogo and Yuri's love scene were cut, but it did feature them waking up in bed together when the news of the coup comes. Even being in bed together and not doing anything was enough to get parents riled I'm sure.

I could be wrong though, it's been years since I saw it (and even then mostly in Fast Forward) and there's no way on Earth I'm gonna watch it again to check.