PG Char's Zaku II

Anubis

Like the title said I finally finished my Perfect Grade Char's Zaku II. Actually I finished last week, but I didn't get around to posting some pics till now. Not too hard a kit, especially compared to the PG Zeta I already built. The only tricky things were the springs for the cables. I love it though. One thing that irked me was the lack of a clear pink molded eye. Other than that, even the heat hawk was great. Great kit.

On to the pics.

In the box:

post-514-1128143882_thumb.jpg

Parts runners laid out after painting:

post-514-1128143945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Assembly

Head:

post-514-1128144134_thumb.jpg

Weapons:

post-514-1128144175_thumb.jpg

I wish it came with the bazooka too instead of in the custom set.

I also hate the traditional purple of the heat hawk, so it is now black as well. I love it this way.

Right arm internals:

post-514-1128144243_thumb.jpg

Right leg internals:

post-514-1128144309_thumb.jpg

Torso rear:

post-514-1128144574_thumb.jpg

Here is where I get into the cables. The beads slip over the springs to form the cables, which are supposed to be secured at each end by a screw. On the head this worked fine because the screw was the right size to thread ok. The leg and torso cables were a whole different matter. The screws were a hair too small to hold properly. I glued the screw in at one end, let it dry, and then did the beads while pulling carefully on the spring so the screw wouldn't pop back out, then glued the 2nd screw into place. This worked ok to make a secure cable.

The front of the upper torso:

post-514-1128144782_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

And the completed product:

The eye lights up real good:

post-514-1128144897_thumb.jpg

post-514-1128144933_thumb.jpg

Engine detail:

post-514-1128145035_thumb.jpg

I used gloss aluminum for the engines. I initially wanted light gunmetal but the store didn't have it, so I thought this would be a good alternative. I think they came out ok.

Armed:

post-514-1128145093_thumb.jpg

The finished model is actually pretty posable. There's a lot of arm movement possible. The gun doesn't hold real secure in the hand, but stable enough to pose with.

In the cabinet:

post-514-1128145629_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis