Two quick questions..

Daysleeper

How easy is it to swap out the wings of a 1/48 Valk?

I'm sort of thinking of exchanging the appropriately red-striped wings of my 1J Hikky with the black-striped 1A Hikky wings for the Jetfire custom I have planned. My alternative is to just take a Valk and a day off work, and start trying to disassemble and reassemble the thing and get a feel for how the thing is put together.

But I can just picture myself sitting there with a freshly put-back-together valk and discovering this little odd rectangular thingamajig I left out somewhere.. (D'oh!)

How well do waterslide decals adhere to resin?

Not strictly a valk-related question.. I've actually gotten a Half-Eye Perfect Change Getter, which, like all SHE products, is made of a sturdy resin. It has a small sticker missing and some others peeling a tiny bit. I could commission someone to reproduce me a set, but I'd really rather use waterslides rather than simply stickers.. but have no experience with resin as a material.

Though people who do recasts in resin might have a good idea.

Another relevant question would be whether it's safe to use Microscale products - Microsol, Microcoat - on it, too.

How easy is it to swap out the wings of a 1/48 Valk?

I'm sort of thinking of exchanging the appropriately red-striped wings of my 1J Hikky with the black-striped 1A Hikky wings for the Jetfire custom I have planned. My alternative is to just take a Valk and a day off work, and start trying to disassemble and reassemble the thing and get a feel for how the thing is put together.

But I can just picture myself sitting there with a freshly put-back-together valk and discovering this little odd rectangular thingamajig I left out somewhere.. (D'oh!)

How well do waterslide decals adhere to resin?

Not strictly a valk-related question.. I've actually gotten a Half-Eye Perfect Change Getter, which, like all SHE products, is made of a sturdy resin. It has a small sticker missing and some others peeling a tiny bit. I could commission someone to reproduce me a set, but I'd really rather use waterslides rather than simply stickers.. but have no experience with resin as a material.

Though people who do recasts in resin might have a good idea.

Another relevant question would be whether it's safe to use Microscale products - Microsol, Microcoat - on it, too.

326924[/snapback]

easy... it's just a couple of screws... just don't lose them.

deacls to resin should be ok... just make sure you wash the piece properly. should be the same as plastic, painted or unpainted.