Help Identify This Kit

I am a Japanese Superhero, What is my name? :huh:

post-2426-1121311472_thumb.jpg

This is an early Bandai logo, during what years did Bandai use this logo? :unsure:

post-2426-1121311462_thumb.jpg

Here's the kit box cover... :ph34r:

post-2426-1121311400_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your help!! :D

This is not in the "Models" section cause it's not a macross related model, it's an "Other Anime or Science Fiction" model... :ph34r:

Edited by Viceland

Looks like the serie it's from is called Fire Man. Never heard of it myself. Looks like an old sentai show, judging from the character's head shot.

The vehicle name (in blue text) reads 'Maringon" in katakana. Could mean 'Marine Gon', or something like that <shrug>

Ok, so we got the series and character names: FireMan a.k.a. Faiyâman a.k.a. MagmaMan (turn your speakers on REAL loud for this...)

These Tokusatsu series monsters are so... huh... WTF???

Oh NO!!! Watch out for that big nasty... mushroom!!! or that albino Stitch!!! (where's Lilo?)

I especially like the giant cello and violin playing Silver Monolith!! nasty...

...And we now know the vehicle is called the, or a, Maringon, Marine Gon or Sea Marine...

Finally, the Bandai logo. According to the link above, Faiyâman aired in 1973, so I deduct Bandai used that logo starting from, or until, the early seventies.

So what's a seventies Bandai kit like this worth??

This guy (scroll down to Bandai) has one for sale for $100, but his prices are generally inflated so I'm not sure he's a good reference. Then I find an old cached eBay page (scroll down to second listing) of a Maringon which sold for $35.

So that's it, all trivia solved, thanks for watching and goodnight!!

Edited by Viceland