search picture for a vf1D max style

Nexx

I have buy a bandai 1/72e model kit of a vf1D (reissue I think), and I envisage to build him in max style, like in the "virgin road" episode.

Do you think that was waste this model kit ? That's the only one vf1d kit I have... (but I have the common representation in Yamato 1/60e series, so I hesitate between build it in max style, or let it in box)

In fact, I need some picture from this Valkyrie, I have made 3 sceens capture from my dvds, but there is not few details...

Should I used a "shirt front" straight, like the commun vf1d, or the same like other Valkyries ("V" type) ?

Thank you in advance for all advice !

Edited by Nexx

Thank's, I know the site, but three weeks ago, when I wan't to get informations about hasegawa vf22 sturmvogel, VF-0S Roy Focker, vf0D and SV-51r Nora Type, I don't find anything :p so, I haven't go seen this time. Excuse me for that :oops: . you answer me for the "shirt front" question, thank you.

But in fact, for decals in general, I don't look at the guide, but I use pictures from artbook and DVDs for justified my choice. That's why I ask for pictures. I don't have many book, so I hope others people have arts from this model...

I dont't think I'm uderstanding what you really want... Let's see:

It's a VF-1D. That means (using your own lingo) ""shirt front" straight". The chest of the VF-1D differs from the one of the VF-1A or S in order to accomodate the second seat. This is clearly shown in the Hasegawa paint instructions. Those instrucctions shows how the chest should be and how you should paint your model and that's why I told you to go to those links.

That particular episode has one of the worst animation ever in the Macross series. You shouldn't follow what you see in the screen as canon!

Happy modeling!

First, sorry for my lingo (I know the word "chest" but I have think that's only for human). I'm really sorry, english isn't my own language and I know I am hopeless at this language altought I make an effort.

Second colors and decals :

For model of real plane, you can, sometime, notice differences betwen the guide ofmodel kit and photos in books. For Macross model (arii and bandai), when you look at the guide or boxe representation, you can also notice diferences with TV/OAV/Film pictures or with artbook. So for counter critical of friends of mine, I print faithful screen capture or use artbooks for justify my choice.

I doesn't find other picture that the hasegawa package (yes, I have search on the web ;) ) , and I think the old tv video isn't enough precise fora result that I appreciate, so, that why I ask if someone know other pictures, before I resign to use hasegawa indication you submit...

Third : Thank's again, I has said that your link help me to determine what piece of the model I use. I have a doubt because the white front is the them that the max vf1j, but I have notice that in your informations, it's a common vf1d "chest".

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, anyone remember the debate that raged ages ago where Gundamhead was trying to convince us that all they did was mount a VF-1D NOSE on Max's VF-1J? I didn't think we were EVER going to get that settled...

edit: wow, someone drug the thread up...

Edited by Skull Leader