Xevos power loader (u know the one)

NERV

after hours of thought and trial and error, i managed to contruct a relatively faithful reproduction of ripley's power loader from aliens:

post-25-1110198707.jpg

post-25-1110198730.jpg

post-25-1110198745.jpg

note the footholds

post-25-1110198688.jpg

it took a long time to figure out how to keep the proper shape with losing poseability, it took a long time to figure out how to manage the foothold, and it took forever to figure out how to bring it all together, the figure is supported by the foot steps and stabilized by the loader arms, which are in tern supported by the xevos' arms, so its a balancing act of sorts. things that are a little harder to tell, i am using two pieces of chest armor on the xevos that resemble a safety harness, thats also why i chose that particular guy's torso. the xevos does have pegs to hold onto the arms so they can flex together, there were many easier, more poseable, more stable ways out but they looked less like the actual loader, this was the best looking result.

side note: during my attempts to make the loader i also stumbled upon a pretty good way to duplicate those rickety mecha from the matrix, but i dont liek them nearly a smuch as the loader so i abandoned it and continued to search for the perfetc loader

thats all treanscorcher, which you can now get@KB toys for 9.99!!

I got one this weekend, had no idea you could do that!!! I also noticed that the instructions lack the build up for the hovercraft. Oh well. I have mine in ATV mode, with the punk in secret agent deco. It looks sweet. Too bad this line is basically dead now, it was really really getting to its full potential.