Bandai 1/100 Valkyrie VF-19 Kai (Fire Valkyrie)

shiyao

(First of all: I did a search with kinds of permutations on "Kai", "Bandai", "1/100" and "Fire", and nothing came up. If you do know a relevant existing thread, please point me to it. Thanks in advance.)

Thinking of getting the Bandai 1/100 Kai Valkyrie from HLJ (check it out here: http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN47169), but first I'd like to find out more about it. Does anyone have pics? Information? Current owners have any thoughts on it?

Importantly also: is there anywhere else to buy this kit, apart from HLJ? I hear that they have some problems with shipping (delays, admin errors etc).

Thanks, and hope to hear from someone soon.

Edited by shiyao

I liked it so much I decided to cut it into pieces and use it for my Hasegawa YF-19 Battroid project. :lol:

Truthfully, if you dont ever plan to get any of the better variable kits out there and just want a super cheapo variable VF-19 model to play around with, by all means go for it. But unfortunately, you're going to get what you paid for. You have to swap out parts to transform and unfortunately none of the modes look too decent imo.

This is just my personal 2 cents... but I would much rather put that money into getting a Hasegawa... even tho its static and only in fighter mode.

hey wow thanks! that was very helpful of you. :)

they look pretty good to me, at least in battloid mode.

ps. i've been following your YF-19 kitbash. :D it's coming along very, very well.

I never liked the regular fire valk. Instead I bought the red chrome coated version instead. It looks so much better IMO. ;):p:D:lol: