Gran Turismo 4

vf1_soulja

She's blinding, I'm flying

Right behind the rear-view mirror now

Got the feeling, power steering

Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now

Panama...

Now that I've tested GT4 at a friend's place yesterday, I'm so tempted to risk bankruptcy just to buy a PS2 and the game.

It's good to see that GT4 has more cars and much more tracks (including some of the old-school courses from the first two games). And because I played R: Racing Evolution and most of the NASCAR games, I know Suzuka and Infineon from the back of my head.

How are you guys finding the license tests? I've noticed that while not too difficult, failure seems to be pretty easy. I usually end up hearing that "ooh yeah" song about 3/4 times before I pass...

I'm still halfway through the S tests though so I'm happy

An impressive number of cars. But not an impressive selection.

Once again this game is 90% ricer, not a bad thing most of the time, but really lets face it when you leave out so many fundenmental car styles(ummm like where's most of the american models and german models at? again?) the term simulation goes out the window. I'll never buy into the liscencing agruement, because the people who don't want their vehicles in the game simply don't what their vehicles to be compared and clearly shown in poor light.

Personally I'm still trying to get over the ample stupidity that is the inital FF to FR jump. Virtual no FR car that has less then 250hp can even compete, unless it's VERY heavily tuned that is and then your spending tons of time down in the FF curcuits.

First Car:

'90 Honda Civic CX SiR, moderate tuning FF (one of my favorite Beasts of the East)

'83 Levin, Ultimate Turbine Lv5 FR (sue me I happen to enjoy Intial D)

Best thing about GT4 is the wind sounds! Absolutly true!