HASE STRIKE BATTROID

HWR MKII

while this kit is hailed as one of the better battroid kits on the market im POed at hase. the wings are too short and leave no room outside the shoulders to mount the missile pods from the weapons set.

will a fighter mode kits wings fit? i looked at DYRL? and the wings magically appear to be lower on the body (more towards the waist) to allow this to happen.

i have a blank canvas of a kit now and it looks naked without its wings spread and a loadout on them.

any tips will help.

sean

ok all the subassemblies are built and seam filling done except fr the wings and back portion. ill give this a day or 2 to get a response. but if no other ideas come forth ill scrap my VF1A for its wings and see how they do. it isnt complete either but its the only way i see of getting missile pods on the hasegawa strike battroid.

I've got

* :angry: I hate it when it does this **

I've got a scan somewhere from a kitbashing project using a battroid and a fighter kit to make a gerwalk VF1.

Normally you should be able, by using some plastic chirgurie :p to get those wings to fit the battroid. I'm afraid that you'll have to give up on the posebillity from the wings

Edited by jadefalconguard

your right . i did some test fitting and the fighter wings fit right but allow absolutely no poseability in the arms or wings. <_< so im going to go with the origional wings and keep them folded back :angry: . i wanted to have a nice fully loaded hikaru skull one with some poseability too. it looks like hase also fudged up the legs too. i compared the leg design to their fighter kit and the legs are fatter along with the intakes.

on a side note the battroid kit itself fits really well and needed absolutely no filler, but the strike package and fast packs did not. the seams on the fast packs were not flush and the plastic was hard as a rock and did not sand well. im actually disappointed with hasegawa. i was expecting a kit that would have the lines and proportions of a 1/48 yamato in battroid but it looks like they used a few bandai/ toynami cheats to get the anime look for it.

how is the spacing on the 1/48 yamatos on the shoulders. i could shave off the pivot pins on the shoulders and reglue them further back on the shoulder themselves to move the shoulder foreward and allow for some movement.

overall i have to give hase an A for effort but a C for overall execution and options. :angry:

as i thought they mover the shoulder foreward and thinned the upper portion the kit one is at least 1/3 thicker. the wings also ride a little higher to allow the elbow of the strike package to go below the wings.

i just hate losing the poseability but if it works out ok i may find a good pose for it. i just watched DYRL? again and the wings do lower toward the waist when there are stores on the wings in battroid mode. it looks weird if its tried on the kit though. ill see what i can come up with i have some spare poly caps around i might make a ball joint for the shoulder to allow for more range of motion.

thanks a bunch

sean

Edited by HWR MKII

well i looked at the options available and i went with the "anime magic" one. i lowered the wings just enough toward the waist to allow the shoulders to pivot . the only thing now is that with the strike armor on the arms i cant put the arms straight down. i dont mind that since the battroid looks more dynamic with arms raised with a gunpod in hand. this change i made isnt really noticeable with the backpack on with the fast packs and you probablu wouldnt know if i didnt say anything. ill post a pic tomorrow after work of the pre detail/decal model.

ok heres the solution front left with no missile pods. there will be though you can see how i lowered the wings just enough that it doesnt interfere with the shoulder. this was inspired by the anime magic of DYRL? i just didnt go as low as the animation did it looked too weird.

post-3-1105692518_thumb.jpg

ok last one. this one is without te backpack so you can see how far down the wings are placed in case anyone wants to use this idea. the wings are just glued in place but thats ok since with the missiles on there the wings wont be able to fold anyway. to use the wings just snap the pivots off the fighter mode kit wings and glue the wings in place below the pivot mount for the battroid mode wings. this also allows me to have the formation lights on the wings. the kit wings didnt allow that.

post-3-1105693362_thumb.jpg

Edited by HWR MKII