Newbie question 1/48 VF1 Strike

jadefalconguard

:) Hi, I've been lurking around here for a while doing "research" on a brand new diorama I'll attempt. To keep a long story short, here's the basic idea in the attached pic.

Only I was looking for a VF1 in 1/48 scale. I found a recast from G-system and it's awesome :blink:

Main problem : I would like to use another color scheme than gloss white. I was thinking along the lines of a low Vizz 'Tomcat' grey scheme.

So here's my question : does anyone know if there exist UN SPACY decals in low vizz for this scale.

I would like to hear your comments/tips and feasibility on this project.

THX and keep up this forum

G.

post-3-1104963547.jpg

i am pretty certain there are decals for it you can buy, Valkyrie Exchange usually has decals for sale in the 1/48 scale and I am pretty certain they are Low Viz ones you are looking for. Anastazi (i think i spet his name wrong) also sell decals he is always on this site. please post pics as you go along i look forward to seeing your project.

Chris

edit: doh...I forgot about Twinmoons

Edited by zeo-mare

Thanks for the tips. I'll be checking 'm out, but I could change thoughts :D Anyway, I'll be making some progress shots and keep you posted.

Anyhow, I got the model on Hobbyfan.com. Shipment went OK and I got it the 31st of december B))

Upon opening the box, you get a lot of resine, nicely cast and fairly thin (to 1.5 mm), 1 fret with nice photo etched parts, a vac formed canopy and metal landing gear. G-system did some nice work recasting this kit and upon checking the content I was startled that I missed some little detailpieces from the boosters :( . However it turned out that they recasted some pieces in 1 bigger piece, so everything accounted for after 4 hours of searching :p

Now for the bad news :

I had some minor warpped wings and slats. This can be easilly solved by submerging the wings in nearly boilling water, straighten and cool down.

One of my leg pieces is about 0.5cm shorter then the other, so I'll be cutting this and putting a piece of styrene between.

Idea's :

To my impression the landing gears look a bit empty, I'll be kitbashing some pieces from 1/48 fighters to spruce up these gears. I'm planning on using tie down chains from an aircraft carrier set.

Deacals : I'll be getting extra decals for the 'no step' and other small stencilling as this isn't included as aren't the markings for the fastpacks.

As soon as I get my digital camera to work again I'll take some pictures. But for those who can't wait check out the MacrossWorld website on models and choose the Club M Ultimate valk B))

I'll keep on posting till the end, but this will take some months I'm afraid

G.