VF-1a Low viz is a UN marines plane !

Montarvillois

Just read a magazine and noticed that only the US Marines pilots wear a combat green helmet. Its actually a distinction from all other flying air corps that clearly states they are part of a land force. The yammie VF-1a low viz's pilot wears a green helmet so this must be a marines plane doesn't it ?

I think I will get Anasazi's stickers as soon as his production is back.

What do you guys think ?

My grand mother too use to wear a green helmet to do her gardening...

Sorry guys, I now realize that the marines are not the only ones...

:lol:

Don't feel stupid, any Navy pilot I know has never worn a camo helnet in the gulf (At least not while flying) and I've never seen a picture of one either, perhaps there was some confusion, since Marine Pilots fly off of carriers too. I don't no about the A-10 thing but that doesn't really sound like the Air Force's style. That's why I asked where the info came from.

My grand mother too use to wear a green helmet to do her gardening...

Sorry guys, I now realize that the marines are not the only ones...

:lol:

Don't feel stupid, any Navy pilot I know has never worn a camo helnet in the gulf (At least not while flying) and I've never seen a picture of one either, perhaps there was some confusion, since Marine Pilots fly off of carriers too. I don't no about the A-10 thing but that doesn't really sound like the Air Force's style. That's why I asked where the info came from.

Thank god my grandmother did not fly off carriers either, can you imagine the confusion then...

:blink:

USAF A-10A pilots use to wear green HGU-33 helmets in the 80s. Navy pilots in the gulf and balkans also had camoflauge helmets.

Where did you get that info from?

Andy Bush who is a former USAF A-10 pilot mentioned that to me. I also have a pic of an USAFE A-10 pilot in green head gear. And don't forget USAF pilots in Vietnam also had green/khaki tape on their boredom helmets.

Should i scan a pic ?