Ayumi Ishida

eriku

First off, I'm sure this will get locked up quickly for being off-topic, but....

A while ago I was exposed to the Japanese singer (and also actress) Ayumi Ishida, who was popular I think in the 60s/70s. It's really great stuff with wonderful instrumentation and Ayumi's beautiful vocals, and I'd love to have a nice collecton of her songs but I've had a real bear of a time finding anything outside of CD Japan. I have no problem with ordering from CDJapan, but I'd like to not spend so much on shipping, plus I'm not sure exactly what I'm getting from their descriptions. I don't want to end up with a bunch of songs that she just recorded in 1987 or something. :p

Anyway, is there anyone here who is familiar with her, and knows what a good collection is or can point me in any sort of direction?

Did you try Googling her name?

I've ordered from CD Japan before. A+ service. No complaints. If you don't like their S/H, ask them to ship by regular air mail or SAL instead of EMS.

If you have some basic understanding of Japanese, try Amazon.co.jp.

Googling is the first thing I usually do. I've only been able to turn up some Japanese sites and some other random things that didn't help much.

I think I'm just going to order one from CDJapan called "Single Collection". It's a double disc that's $40 to $50 (depending on shipping method) and I'm hoping it's a safe assumption that it will contain the older stuff that I'm looking for (she's young and dressed in a 60's outfit on the cover).

What's in those 'gift bags' that CDJapan offers as add-ons? :huh: