The Super Milk Chan Show

The_Major

A7 you are too generous to give that show a C for the story, unless the sub version has something significantly different to bring it up to a C, the dub version would get an F from me, oh and a side note i believe they didnt show the americanized version as the counterfiet money was kin and jin and i believe i heard that the americanized one replaced them with the olsens

I caught the beginning of it before putting on a new movie to watch with the wife (Shrek2) and thought it was painfully terrible. Is it just me or did this show really. really lose a lot in translation. I mean, Spongebob Squareass makes me laugh more than that pile of crap did... are there like only jokes that the Japanese would get or something?

Ugh this show. I knew it was a bad idea watching it before it even came on but I figured what the hell I need background noise but ended up watching it. A half hour of my life I won't get back. I'm usually not so quick to judge things but this was seriously a stupid show. Even with the lose in translation which I think was a big part of things I still not sure it would have been any better in the original japanese.

I caught the beginning of it before putting on a new movie to watch with the wife (Shrek2) and thought it was painfully terrible. Is it just me or did this show really. really lose a lot in translation. I mean, Spongebob Squareass makes me laugh more than that pile of crap did... are there like only jokes that the Japanese would get or something?

Don't know about the dub, but the Japanese was loaded with lots of pop culture references.

If you ask me then it lost most of it's humor with the translation. Admittedly all I saw was about the first ten minutes or so but my wife summed up my thoughts in five words when she said "This show... is so stupid."

Perhaps it was just me, or the part of the show I saw, or the fact I was looking forward to watching Shrek rather than this but the show just seemed far too juvinile for Adult Swim. I did pick up on the occasional "adult humor" bit in the show but sheesh it just came off so teletubby... the slow, almost retarded pace of the dialogue... the simplistic and cheap (as in not much happening) animation... the show just reeked of internet flash cartoon to me.

Either I've missed the joke entirely or this show is made for people with lobotomies. :unsure:

If you ask me then it lost most of it's humor with the translation. Admittedly all I saw was about the first ten minutes or so but my wife summed up my thoughts in five words when she said "This show... is so stupid."

Perhaps it was just me, or the part of the show I saw, or the fact I was looking forward to watching Shrek rather than this but the show just seemed far too juvinile for Adult Swim. I did pick up on the occasional "adult humor" bit in the show but sheesh it just came off so teletubby... the slow, almost retarded pace of the dialogue... the simplistic and cheap (as in not much happening) animation... the show just reeked of internet flash cartoon to me.

Either I've missed the joke entirely or this show is made for people with lobotomies. :unsure:

From what I understand, ADV basically re-wrote the whole thing for the US release. Given that it's ADV, the US releasing sucking is no surprise.

From what I understand, ADV basically re-wrote the whole thing for the US release. Given that it's ADV, the US releasing sucking is no surprise.

There's two versions, the Americanized version and a strait dub. CN aired the strait dub version of the show. Based on the reactions I've seen from a bunch of people who've seen both versions, they should've gone with the Americanized version instead.