Takatoku & Bandai Reissues

Agent-GHQ

The Bandai 1/55 Valkyries are the "BOMB." Especially, the reissue Valkyries by Bandai. Features like prepainted decals and swapable heat shield. And yes all the reissues 1/55 Valkyries by Bandai have the swapable heat shield. Well, at least the last time I checked.

However, I could not understand why Bandai did not include the missile clusters like the one from the VF-1S Strike Valkyrie. Or even better, I can not understand why Bandai did not reissue the following:

1. GBP VF-1S giftset

2. Strike Valk

3. Super Ostrich

4. Elint Seeker

Or new ones like the Minmay VF-1S Strike Valk Guard, the VF-1D and so on. Never say never though because it could be in the making as we speak. Or its up to us as Macross fans to convince Bandai that there's a demand for it. For example, taking considerable amount of preorders to show Bandai that we'll support the project. But this move is just my idea though.

Hmmm.....in fact, lets all try something new. How does everyone feel about taking a pole to see if Bandai should reissue the above Valkyries.

Starting with me, that is one. So who's next ? Let see a show of hands for those who would like to see Bandai rerelease the above valkyries (No. 1-4). [/b]

LOL. hate to say it but. YES nearly all of us want this to happen. NO it probably won't. We ain't changing nothing. Why? Harmony gold and litigations preventing yamato and bandai or anything japanese macross toys from being sold in the US DIRECTLY. Everything we get that is macropss from japan is imported not sold direct to market here. SO technically no. And....

They cater towards the japanese market NOT us. I guess that is the main reason.

AS far as the poll like i said almost everyone will vote yet. NO etailer here would offer preorders for something that is not even mentioned to be coming out. Too big a risk and plus it would make them look bad since...well last time we checked, nothing about bandai reissuing any valks any time soon. hey I hate to see it but its true.

The sad truth is, we don't matter as much to bandai and yamato. Since they can only cater to the japanese market, we are not included into that. They can't sell directly to us in the US so why would they cater to us? Its like making a beer to sell to non drinkers. Just wont happen.

ANd why bandai didnt reissue thje above forementioned toys? THe reissue line didnt do well in japan and gathered dust on the shelves. SO while many of us love the reissues, the japanese market was more into the yamato stuff(more detail and articulation) rather than the bandais. You can say it was a case of REAL bad timing. SOme bandai reps have showed in cons in asia and said that competition was a factor in not reissuing more or why the line didnt sell well. XStoys knows more. FRom waht I read elsewhere competition was tough.