Is Anyone Else a Patlabor Fan

Panzer

There was actually a 1/35 vinyl line ? I though the Saturn was the same scale as the 1/60 Brocken, Phantom, Helldiver and Police labor series.

yeah, that's what I thought too..

I believe Kaiyodo did 1/35 Ingram 1, Helldiver and Type X-0 only but not Saturn.

I was lucky enough to score a nearly perfect Bandai Ingram battery-operated toy a few weeks ago. I like it, though I'm still wondering whether to apply the decals - it looks a little plain without them. Also, compared to modern toys, its about as poseable as a brick, but it has a certain presence about it...

how much you pay for it?

8,000 yen, plus shipping - I felt that was a reasonable amount (it even had the original batteries!). They don't appear to be all that common; I've only ever seen one missing some of its parts in Tokyo.

I also liked the manga; I wish Viz would re-consider publishing it. Its just seems to be Patlabors fate in life, that it seems to be rather ignored by the Western anime fan community (other than the movies).

I saw one of those recently, and for much less than 8000 yen. It was in the box, so I don't know if it had parts missing or what, though.

So the Patlabor MG kits don't need paint?  How come I see the guns are painted but on ebay I see the kit with white guns?

The guns are molded in white plastic. There are many other minor parts that need painting or detailing / touching up. An unpainted and un-panel lined MG Ingram doesn't look as good as an unpainted MG Gundam due to the lack of colors.

funny, but all my MG Ingram kits have the gun moulded in black. not white. only that electric baton is moulded in white.

I stand corrected, the revolver cannon's been staying in its leg compartment for far too long. :p

i'd like to get one of the MG models. how are these kits?

are these the best figures available for this series?

They are great kits, I also like some others do not like the rubber/cloth. I bought gray materiel and fashioned for a more realistic look and easier to pose. Instead of painting after I put on the decals I sprayed clear gloss coat on.