will yamato finish the 1/48th line?

calvin

I think it's gonna be Macross bliss (the only casulty will be your wallet). This line has a lot going for it, as seen by the custom-inspired Low-Vis. Fans have requested all of the valks in the Macross series, and Yamato has mostly listened to the fans. At the most we'll get 1/60 versions of the larger valks, but we all know that the 1/60 Monster is even bigger than any 1/48 valk.

another question regarding the 1/48th lines future. Does anybody feel that it will see any enemy mech? I know that there must be a fair amount of demand for same scale foes?

:blink: Eh? God, I seriously hope not! I am going to have enough trouble finding room to put the 1/60 scale Monster and Q-Rau. If they get any bigger, I'd have to build an addition to my house just for the toys. :huh:

:blink: Eh? God, I seriously hope not! I am going to have enough trouble finding room to put the 1/60 scale Monster and Q-Rau. If they get any bigger, I'd have to build an addition to my house just for the toys. :huh:

Amen.

If you guys want them, more power to you, but I think the enemy mecha in 1/60 is going to be plenty big enough for anyone. The 1/60 Q Raus is already bigger than the 1/48 VF-1's, and your Regult, Glaug, etc will be about as big. I love these larger-scale toys, too, but jeez...

Yamato originally planned to keep the 1/48 line very limited, only for die-hard collectors. Then they had so much success with the line, they started to expand their plans. I think that's how it will continue to go, Yamato will keep issuing 1/48ths if with each release they see huge support and make enough money to consider more.

I, personally, doubt we'll see as extensive a line as the 1/60 scale, but we should see a decent amount. I don't imagein too many VF-1s after the Hikaru 1J. More than likely we'll see a Max and a Millia, then that might be it. If this is the case I hope Yamato moves on to other Valkyries, such as the Plus, VF-X, and Flashback Valkyries.

Of course, not everyone will be able to afford an extensive line of Valks in the largest scale, so Yamato will continue the 1/60 and 1/72nd lines to cater to everyone else.

I'd say a 1/48 Max and Millia VF-1J are possible. Even a VF-1A brownie. Other than that I dunno.

After the Hikaru 1/48 VF-1J, I'm done with the 1/48 VF-1s. Sadly Macross is turning into a rich mans hobby.

Not really, they're just making a wider selection for those that can afford it. The smaller scales will continue. Even if Yamato dropped the other scales entirely (which I seriously doubt they'd even consider), the 1/48ths still go for far less than Bandais and Takatokus were going for for many years. Hell, if the Yamato ever manages a domestic North American release of the 1/48, I'd guess we'd be looking at a 90 dollar price tag, give or take a little. Comparable to the MPC prices, and with no shipping unless you ordered online.

This is only a 'rich man's hobby' if you absolutely must have everything Yamato releases, and that's kind of like saying that you'd rather they only released Hikaru, Max, and Focker in 1/60 scale so then everyone could grab the entire set and be done with it.