Has Yamato made all different VF seen in Tv/Movie

route242

Hellloooooooo, 2nd question of the day.

I was wondering if Yamato made all the difference VF that was in tv show and DYRL.

How about the Veritech from first episode where Roy was one the platform speaking. WHy has Yamato not made those? DO anybody know what VF was those. VF-1a or VF1J or VF1S.

I like to see Yamato make the Hikaru red plane from Episode 1.

The 1/48 Low Viz, what episode is that toy from?

jason

no, they haven't made the CF(cannon fodder aka brownie shown in both DYRL and robotech) nor the kaz(ben dixon from robotech but seen in DYRL with green markings). they haven't made the 1D(the 2 seater rick gets stuck in when he meets minmay in robotech, the one with the really ugly head) nor the super ostrich(2 seater hikaru aka rick and minmay fly around in DYRL) or the elintseeker(2 seater which they show for about 3 second in DYRL, the one with the big radar dish on the top).

oh and the LV is from mac 0.

this is a list of the non made 1/48 valks. yamato made most of them in 1/60 scale but no green kaz.

sorry for all the () but i assume you're fairly new so i figured i should be as descriptive as possible.

when will all this be coming out will probably be your next question, well the answer to that is, no one knows nothing. :D

Edited by haterist

Welcome to Macross World! You might want to check the newbie thread and pose further questions there.

You can see most of the Yamato Valkyrie offerings at http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/macross.html

Basically, in 1/60 they made two slightly different versions of the brown VF-1A "cannon fodder", the Max and Hikaru VF-1A's from DYRL, the Fokker 1S from DYRL (which differs from the TV version in minute details), and the VF-1D from the first episode of the TV show--all without fastpacks. They also did a DYRL VF-1S Fokker Strike, Max and Miria VF-1J Supers (TV), a Hikaru TV-style 1J with Super packs, and the Elintseeker and VT-1 Super Ostrich from DYRL.

Finally, for 1/60 Valks, Yamato released a 1/60 VF-1J with GBP-1S armor (as seen in the TV episode "Miss Macross" and for a brief moment in the opening battle of DYRL); the armor is also available separately.

In 1/48 they did Max & Hikaru 1A's (DYRL), Fokker 1S (DYRL), and Hkaru 1S (DYRL), all of which come without fastpacks, but you can buy the Super/Strike DYRL-style fastpacks (slight difference from TV-style even for Super packs) separately. They also did a Low Viz 1A, which has never appeared in any Macross anime, purely as a cool limited edition. Finally, they did three 1/48 TV-style 1J's--Hikaru, Max, and Millia. The Hikaru was packaged with or without TV-style Super fastpacks. The Max and Millia are only available with fastpacks.

Yamato has not made any Valks in the "Angel Birds" paint scheme that are seen performing in episode one. Those are VF-1As and (possibly, I'm not sure) one VF-1D.

i thought the LV was from mac 0? :unsure:

you know way too much about macross. :D i didn't even think of the angel birds or any of the "background" valks as i like to call them...clearly i'm no fanboy. :p

BTW, nice link. :) but theres no 1/76 scale GBP's....the ones that have the flip down heads and the seats come up. i remember seeing a couple of pics a while back and i saw a 1J max GBP on ebay once, never seen one since. :blink:

Edited by haterist

You can see most of the Yamato Valkyrie offerings at http://www.menet.umn.edu/~ngo/macross.html
BTW, nice link.  but theres no 1/76 scale GBP's....the ones that have the flip down heads and the seats come up. i remember seeing a couple of pics a while back and i saw a 1J max GBP on ebay once, never seen one since. 

Yeah GREAT LINK!

I wonder why there is no VF-1J 1/48 Hikaru, Max and Millia though?

And no VF-1S Hikaru either.

Maybe the 1/48's got to expensive for him to keep up? :o

Edited by fansubs2000

I don't know, I've never communicated with him, but I guess he's just taking a break from buying stuff and/or updating his website. (If you go to the main page, you'll also see more stuff that isn't strictly Macross, as well as links to a lot of cool photos submitted by others.)

True, no 1/76's--his collection is almost but not quite complete as far as the old school stuff is concerned, well except for some of the crappier Takatoku offerings...for which see the Takatoku II files at toyboxdx.

Low viz...nope, it hasn't appeared in Macross Zero. There is speculation that it might, based on the pilot's uniform, the aircraft carrier names on the stickers, and a general hope that the VF-1 will appear in the last episode to kick some ass...or at least make a cameo at the very end...but so far no word has leaked out to that effect.

Oh, I forgot to mention that strictly speaking there are a few more paint schemes from the TV show and movie that haven't appeared in Yamato toy form. Such as the "Virgin Road" VF-1D, the Max TV 1A (a scheme that really deserves some attention), the Kakizaki TV and DYRL versions, and a bunch of obscure TV schemes/layouts that maybe only appeared for a few frames.