jetfire to valkyrie stickers

marc

i am new to the site and to macros, my brother is the fan. I working on a Christmas gift and need help. we have a old jetfire transformer  and I would like to get him stickers to transform it in to a macros Valkyrie ... please help if that is avalable

Well, here's the rub. I wouldn't do that. First, he should keep that old Jetfire as is, because it's worth more that way. and if you'd like to do something Macross, see if you can get your hands on a bandai HMR Valk. He'll have more fun with that than he will with the old Chunky Monkey Jetfire. They can be had, and for not a ton, you might have to do some digging, but I found a Messer VF-1 on mandarake for 6,000 yen. 

Also, from a toy collectors perspective, the Jetfire toy is different enough from the VF-1 toy that it'll kinda be a disappointment. I did find a Hikaru VF-1J 1/55 on Mandarake for 12,000 yen, if that helps. 

Long story short, I don't know of anyone that makes stickers or decals that will turn that jetfire into a VF-1, and I wouldn't recommend doing it anyway.

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/tfmedia/skit/vfx.htm

I can't vouch for this site, or if they have any or whatever - just doing a quick google search.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the value of Jetfire, especially if it is an older played with version.  If it is in box, and white, yeah, don't touch it, but if it has been ravaged by time, go to town.  I see these regularly going for $30-$60 on ebay.  A few months ago I got on a bit of a buying spree, buying older jetfires, then I cleaned one up and repainted it (see - "You're Yellow" thread).  Honestly, it is one of the cheapest ways you can get a macross like veritech for customization at the moment, especially if it is very yellow.  I recently saw one jetfire go, with full armor for, $63, and that included a cliffjumper, and two motormasters.  It was missing the clip that held the gun in place, box and instructions and he was super yellowed.  I bid on him, but was glad to be outbid as I already have 2 out of box jetfires, 1 in box matsushiro in excellent white condition with armor, and another in box bandai white with armor...so...I really didn't need another one...BUT, I'm still thinking about picking one up to whiten and customize into a Super Veritech

Edited by SpaceCowboy