Mslz22's new elint kit

jwinges

Hey Everybody,

I didn't know if this should go in the models or toy review section so I put it here in toys since it attaches to the 1/55.

About a month ago I put in an order with Mike (Mslz22) for 2 of his new 1/48 vf1S head, one of his vf1D heads and heat shield. Before the transaction was completed I talked mike into selling me one of his 1/55 elintseeker conversion kits. Anyway during the recasting Mike noticed that the molds needed to be re-done so he re-made his molds and tells me he will be putting up a waiting list soon.

The quality of this kit is amazing. There is a good amount of cleanup to do...but what do you expect when it costs only $75 dollars!!! :o

I have bought recast parts and kits from several of our other macrossworld recasters and must say that Mike's work is right on par with Rob and Jesse. I'm not sure if all of my parts came from the new molds and mike did throw in some extra 2nds for the heck of it so there are a few extra parts in the pics below. Also shown are the heads and heatshields I received.

First off the most distinctive part of the Elint the raydome is perfect. I couldn't be happier. It does have some speckling (don't know what causes that) but I don't see a single airbubble on the entire dish!

The backpack is the same not a single airbubble and it feels very solid for a resin part.

The fastpacks are also perfect with no bubbles or divots. The wings have a lot of flash but nothing that can't be cleaned up in 5 minutes. Leg armor is flawless.

Mike has filled in some of the parts with clay before molding them (like Jesse does)...this gives this kit some real heft to it and seems to make everything a lot stronger. The fastpack sides are filled some.

The biggest challenge I believe will be cleaning up all the little attachment parts for the dome and scanner. The head might need a little work also. Compared to most of you I'm not very skilled at this stuff but I see my cleanup time comming in at around an hour or two. Almost all of which will be spent on the attachment parts. Some of the attachment part have some tiny airbubbles... nothing that won't be solved in 5 minutes with a little putty.

I think that this kit is a real bargin. I'm shocked at how many parts there are and especially by the fact that mike is charging around $75.

Mod's sorry about the pic size but it was required to show the detail.

Everybody, please don't go pm'ing mike until he makes the official announcement. He asked me to write this review when I received the kit but I'm sure he doesn't want to be swamped with mail until he's ready.

thanks

without further adu... here's the pics :D

post-18-1067289093_thumb.jpg

Edited by jwinges

wow, that's some pretty good looking recasts! How much work do you actually have to do with this to make it look good? I might pick a set up myself! Thanx for the review! :p:D:lol: