1/48 Yamato vf-1

williwoods

Hello all,

Now that the fast packs are out, thought I should start a thread specifically for customizing the 1/48 yammie.

I would like to see everyone's custom 1/48's and how-to details.

someone out there has got to make a cannon fodder 1a!!!! ya hear that? just not me, my skills are not that finely honed........... yet!

One of the first things I would like to do to my Max is use wm cheng's oil wash technique on the panel-lines b4 I apply the takatoys custom stickers.

after that I want to possibly clearcoat that baby to seal in all the work.

My first 1/48 was the hikaru 1a. I used mechanical pencil for the panel-lines.

even though the pencil worked nicely, I imagine that I could get even better results from a wash.

I have never used this technique and since this is such an expensive toy I would like to get all the info straight b4 I start.

I also corrected the crooked missle launcher attachments (both my sets point to the left) of my fast-packs by using a small metal nail-file on the missle racks. if you remove the missle rack and attach the missle launcher cover without the rack on the fast packs they point very straight, so the rack is at fault.

I put the racks in the covers and started filing down the extra plastic that juts out the bottom until it was flush all around with the base of the missle launcher covers. I was being carefull not to file too much away from the base of the mounting nubs, and even though I did remove plastic from the base of those nubs, the racks still attach firmly on the boosters. Now they do not point to the left any more. I hate crooked pieces on such a nice nearly perfect toy.

the latest thing I have done is paint various details on my strike cannon, the vent in the rear (tamiya matte black), the tips of the barrels (gunmetal).

lets get busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!