Lineage 2

Macrosso

Its gonna bomb in the west. Almost everyone who was in the beta (myself included) found it to be a steaming pile of ass.

Now its sister game, City of Heroes? BEST ONLINE RPG EVER MADE.

And its of Superheroes. I cancelled Star Wars Galaxies within 2 days of playing the beta, and Final Fantasy 11 will be joining it. No room for mediocre games when brilliance in a box is out.

Lineage II is a game you really have to work at to gain the most out of it. The open Beta is not a good gauge because the high-level fun stuff simply was out-of-reach.

I was on Erica during the Open Beta. I'm not sure whether the game is on sale in my country, but I hope to pick it up this weekend.. I liked it enough to pay for it.

hey lynx u can get it online and not pay shipping just get the serial number.

Sure I can. Let me break it down for you.

49.99 + shipping for the serial key, a box, manual, the CD, a month online and (at most online sales) a bonus CD, T-shirt, etc. versus:

49.99 for the serial key and a month online.

Strikes me as kinda uneven trade.

If it is on sale here, I would be paying 49.99 + bus fare for the whole deal (well, probably missing the bonus stuff). That kinda strikes me as a bit more efficient. :)

I like the game.. but not so much as to pay 49.99 for a serial number.

Lineage II is a game you really have to work at to gain the most out of it. The open Beta is not a good gauge because the high-level fun stuff simply was out-of-reach.

See.. this is the problem. ITS ALWAYS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN.

Don't tease me with a mythical endgame I have to pay per month to WORK at to get to. If it aint fun in the first 10, I aint gonna keep working for the "fun" that is supposedly there after the 100 hour mark.

Which is why City of Heroes kicks so much ass. I played for about 7 hours today nearly nonstop and I had a blast my very first day playing. Its always fun, even when I had to go kill certain dudes. I would find other exp rich targets on the way and stomp up and down on em till I found the object of my desire. No exp loss on death, no corpse recoveries, no getting lost on a mapless world. Pop a waypoint on the automapper, and run for it. No hitting the A key and going to make coffee.. interactive combat with powers and abilities going off rapid fire with hordes of enemies flying all over the place. And did I mention the gameworld is about as detailed and alive as Grand Theft Auto 3/VC?

Utter crap like Everquest and Lineage 2 are no longer allowed, nor are well meaning mistakes like Star Wars Galaxies, nor are EQ clones like DAoC and FF11.