Clear Hasegawa valks and their decals

tetsujin

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could give me a picture of the decal sheet that comes with the old clear-color releases of the Hasegawa 1:72 VF-1... I'm starting to play around with the idea of doing some Hasegawa Macross kits as non-anime squadrons. What's been driving me mad lately is that I recently saw a picture of those decals, but I can't find it again...

I'd also like to know, if anybody's built these clear kits, whether working with the clear plastic is terribly frustrating or if it's OK...

Here ya go. All three kits have the same decal sheet.

post-3605-129175711397_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Interesting... So it's got the emblems and such but it's really up to the modeler to handle things like the yellow/black color boundaries on the SVF-2 or the grays on the 113 (including cutting multiple "UN Spacy" decals to cross that border...) And the "200" marking for SVF-2 doesn't have the yellow drop-shadow, right?

How about the kit itself? Do you have it? Did you build it?

Edited by tetsujin

I've got all 3. The kits are just like any Hase valk kit. They even have a standard A/J/S DYRL decal sheet.

The Cartograph decals were done in conjunction with Model Graphics. I think there are other decal sheets that were included in other issues.

At this point in time I have no intention of assembling them but if I ever do I would say white glue or one of the canopy glues that are around would give the best results. No way would I use normal plastic cement or super glue unless it was the non blooming type.

At this point in time I have no intention of assembling them but if I ever do I would say white glue or one of the canopy glues that are around would give the best results. No way would I use normal plastic cement or super glue unless it was the non blooming type.

Actually, when it comes to the kit itself my intention is to build and paint it... Not too interested in having a clear model, but the decal sheet has potential. What I don't know (apart from speculation) is whether the clear kit will be significantly more annoying to work with than a regular kit in that regard... Like how it behaves with regard to solvent glues and sanding, etc.