Fold Booster Question

Budokhan

Hey Gang!

Got a small question here, has there ever been such a thing as a VF-1 Valkyrie or VF-1 Strike Valkyrie with a fold booster attached to it? I cant ever remember seeing anything like this for the original MACROSS series stuff & I know it did manifest in subsequent shows but were there ever any kind of hints that it was maybe something planned & yet never executed? Like in one of the art books that show concept models & ideas for the show? :unsure:

I'm just curious because I was thinking of building the old 1/72 IMAI Variable Valk kit into a sortof "Skunkworks" version of a Fold booster assisted Super Strike Valk, like as if it were maybe a one-off that had a catastrophic accident which caused the whole project to be scrapped until the technology could be perfected..

Any hints, answers or general exclamations of total disbelief as to my lack of knowledge all-things-Macross, would be just swell! :lol:

Thanks all!