Question on Taka 1/76 VF-1J Max Sticker Sheet??

alexdk

Hello friends,

I have a question I was hoping fans/collectors could help me with. A few months ago I purchased a Takatoku 1/76 Max sticker sheet from someone on ebay. When I received the sticker sheet, I found that it had been bent in half (and not even evenly). When I asked the seller, seller claimed it was issued that way. I have another sheet from a 1/76 Max MIB item I got a few years ago and it is not bent in half. The seller kept disagreeing.

Anyways...this is not even my question...I didn't notice this until much after the disagreement that the 2 sticker sheets are different. I've included pictures below - I hope the attachments work.

The one I have from my MIB is labeled Takatoku, slightly smaller in overall size & font and I can't help noticing just a little bit clearer/more in focus. The one I purchased from ebay is slightly larger in size and font, a little bit out of focus and does not say Takatoku at the bottom (TT). Also, while I can't read Japanese, I noticed the text under the black circles is different too. Other minor differences too...white background missing on some parts of sticker.

Does anybody know the history on this? Or can anybody confirm seeing this before? Did Taka issue different stickers for different pressings? Or is one of these a "reproduction"?

I'd love any help or insight!!

Cheers!!

post-8618-1214151919_thumb.jpg

post-8618-1214151968_thumb.jpg

post-8618-1214152007_thumb.jpg

post-8618-1214152044_thumb.jpg

Edited by alexdk