2009 Lynn Minmay…
2040 Sharon Apple…
2045 Fire Bomber…
2059 Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee…
It is your turn!
Welcome to the Macross Idol Contest!
MacrossWorld Con 2014 announces the return of, “Macross Idol”! This cosplay and talent contest welcomes all performers and cosplayers inspired by the popular anime franchise to the Torrance Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, October 4th!
This exciting event offers entrants different ways to compete! Cosplay, singing, and other performances are encouraged. Prizes include Macross figures and other merchandise, and the winner will be crowned “Miss/Mister Macross”!
There are a limited number of slots available, so be sure to register early! Participants will be required to sign a general release and waiver.
MacrossWorld Con 2014 is coming to the Ken Miller Auditorium at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center on Saturday, October 4th from 11:00 – 7:00 PM. Register now at http://mwcon.ticketleap.com/mwcon2014/
1. This is a Macross-themed cosplay and talent contest. All cosplays and performances must be Macross-related.
2. Contestants will compete for the following 4 awards:
Miss/Mister Macross runner up
3. Each entry will be evaluated in 2 categories: Cosplay and Performance.
If you cosplay but only do a walk-on, you will only be eligible for the “Best Cosplay” award.
If you perform without a costume, you will only be eligible for the “Best Performance” award.
Contestants who cosplay and perform will be eligible for all 4 awards.
Please refer to Cosplay and Performance sections below for details.
4. Each entry is limited to 5 minutes. Each entry can submit 1 soundtrack to be played during the performance. Soundtrack that exceeds 5 minutes will be shortened. Acceptable audio formats are .wav and .mp3.
5. Contestants must register by Friday 9/26/2014 11:59PM PST, or when entry limit is met, whichever is earlier.
Please refer to Registration section below for details.
6. Each entry must check-in at the Macross Idol desk in person 1 hour prior to the contest on Saturday 10/4/2014. Any waiver forms or soundtracks must be submitted at this time. We reserve the right to terminate entrees that check in late.
1. Registration deadline: Friday 9/26 11:59PM PST, or when entry limit is met, whichever is earlier.
1. Limited to 10 entries. Limited At-Con/Late registration will be available if space permits. We reserve the right to refuse additional entrees.
2. Individual entry is encouraged, but group entry is also allowed. Each entry is limited to a maximum of 3 people. Aids, escorts and stage-ninjas do not count towards the group maximum but should not outnumber the group entry.
3. A General Release & Waiver Form is required of all contestants and stage ninjas 1 hour prior to the contest. Any contestant under 18 years of age at the time of the contest must have their parents or legal guardians sign the appropriate section of the waiver.
4. To Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information required below:
1) Your full legal name(s)
2) Your stage/group name(s)
3) Gender: Female/Male
5) Phone number
6) Email address
7) Describe your Cosplay as detailed as possible
8) Describe your performance as detailed as possible
9) Have you won any awards at any Cosplay/talent contest before? If so, what are they?
10) If you have any questions or special requests, please state them here.
5. It is strongly recommended that you also submit your waiver forms and soundtracks via email by Friday 9/26 11:59PM PST.
1. Cosplay must be based on the existing Macross animes, mangas, novels, video games, magazines, figures, or other official products. Fan arts or original designs related to Macross are permissible on a case-by-case basis.
2. Costumes/props can be made or purchased. All costumes/props must conform to standard Weapons Policy & Code of Conduct. All costumes/props must not exceed the PG-13 rating.
1. Performance can include but not limited to: Singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument, performing a skit. Performance must be based on the existing Macross official products (music, story, etc.). Fan/original productions related to Macross are permissible on a case-by-case basis.
2. All performance must comply with the Code of Conduct, LA City ordinances and must not exceed the PG-13 rating. In addition, swearing and depiction of sexual acts is strictly forbidden.
3. 2 Microphones will be provided on stage.
4. Any stunts, extreme or shocking performances must be approved via email before the event. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
5. Do not leave debris on stage that cannot be quickly cleaned up in fewer than 10 seconds.