Macross Idol returns! Our annual cosplay and performance competition will be held at MacrossWorld Convention 2015 on October 17th at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center! Inspired by the amazing idols of Macross, we’re presenting our own unique spin on convention masquerades combining cosplay, vocal performance, dance and more! Whatever your talent is, this is an opportunity to show us your skills and join the fun onstage! See below for complete rules. We’re also hosting a cosplay gathering! Tickets for MacrossWorld Convention 2015 are available now at http://mwcon.ticketleap.com/mwcon2015
Macross Idol Contest Official Rules Contest Rules
1. This is a Macross-themed cosplay and talent contest. All cosplays and performances must be
2. Contestants will compete for the following 3-4 awards:
(OPTIONAL) Miss/Mister Macross runner up
3. Each entry will be evaluated in 2 categories: Cosplay and Performance.
If you cosplay but only do a walk-on, you will only be eligible for the “Best Cosplay” award.
If you perform without a costume, you will only be eligible for the “Best Performance” award.
Contestants who cosplay and perform will be eligible for all 4 awards.
Please refer to Cosplay and Performance sections below for details.
4. Each entry is limited to 5 minutes. Each entry may submit 1 soundtrack to be played during the
performance. Soundtrack that exceeds 5 minutes will be shortened. Acceptable audio formats
are .wav and .mp3.
5. Contestants must register by Sunday 10/11 11:59PM PST, or when entry limit is met,
whichever is earlier. Please refer to Registration section below for details.
6. Each entry must check-in with a Macross Idol staff in person 30 minutes prior to the contest on
Saturday 10/17/2013. Any outstanding waiver forms or audio file must be submitted at this
time. We reserve the right to terminate entrees that check in late.
1. Cosplay must be based on the existing Macross animes, mangas, novels, video games,
magazines, figures, or other official products. Fan arts or original designs related to Macross are
permissible on a case-by-case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your costume is
based on fan art or original design.
2. Costumes/props can be made or purchased. All costumes/props must conform to standard
Weapons Policy & Code of Conduct. All costumes/props must not exceed the PG-13 rating.
3. Costumes/props should be self-contained and self-sufficient. Assistance will not be available.
1. Performance can include but not limited to: Singing, dancing, playing a musical instrument,
performing a skit. 2 Microphones will be provided on stage.
2. Performance must be based on the existing Macross official products (music, story, etc.).
Fan/original productions related to Macross are permissible on a case-by-case basis. Please
contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
3. Performance may not exceed 5 minutes. MC narration or introduction will not count towards
4. Any stunts, extreme or shocking performances must be approved via email before the event. Do
not leave debris on stage that cannot be cleaned up in fewer than 30 seconds. Failure to do so
may result in disqualification.
5. All performance must comply with the Code of Conduct, LA City ordinances and must not
exceed the PG-13 rating. In addition, swearing and depiction of sexual acts is strictly forbidden.
1. Registration deadline: Sunday 10/11 11:59PM PST, or when entry limit is met, whichever is
earlier. At-Con/Late registration will be available if space permits. We reserve the right to refuse
2. Individual and Group entry are encouraged. Each entry is limited to a maximum of 3 people.
Aids, escorts and stage-ninjas do not count towards the group maximum.
3. A General Release & Waiver Form is required of all contestants and stage ninjas 30 minutes
prior to the contest. Any contestant under 18 years of age at the time of the contest must have
their parents or legal guardians sign the appropriate section of the waiver.
4. It is strongly recommended that you submit any audio file via email by Sunday 10/11 11:59PM
5. To Register: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information required below:
1) Your full legal name(s)
2) Your stage/group name(s)
3) Gender: Female/Male
5) Phone number
6) Email address
7) Describe your Cosplay as detailed as possible
8) Describe your performance as detailed as possible
9) If you have any questions or special requests, please state them here.