2 seater 1/48s

EXO

would you want one?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. would you want one?

• Hell yeah! Bring them all on! Ostrich, Elint, VF-1D
    • I would buy just one
    • What for? All 2 seaters suck! Backseat drivers suck. You suck!!!
    • I'm done with the 1/48s... and thank god so is Yamato.

Really? I would have thought it was the other way around, I didn't know that the VT-1 head was THAT complex, but given your attention to detail, it probably is. :p

Any plans on doing a Funny Chinese with your VF-1D as your base?

If all goes well with Yamato, they are more than welcome to do so.

Originally, I had planned on making a few different VF-1D types, such as; Trainer, Virgin Road, and CF. But for the meantime, I will only say this will remain as a prototype should Yamato request it, upon agreed terms.

Since the VT-1 is a bit more complex than the the VE-1, I started with the latter. All I need to do is finish Ostrich and borrow a few bits and begin the Elint.

You mean "former" not "latter".

Just keep working, jockstrap! Stop answering the stoopid questions!

Sucka! :lol:

Unfortunately my scanner is the flat type, and i don't like to flatten my books, :p selfish bastard that i am.

I need to get one of those mini hand moveable ones.

I looked in all my books, including my Gold book, perfect memory and of course the macross design works.

But anyways (photos!) have you seen this one NM4BM? (design works)

20080501_03.jpg

and this one,

20080501_02.jpg

20080501_01.jpg

VE-1 looks alot more complicated to make part for. There is another pic of front on battroid (like the 2nd pic)

but it's a design works like the first one. Didn't come out right as a photo, and wasn't much different besides

the left hand sensor relay twisted a different way.

:( I'll try and take better photos or attempt scans later. But out of all the books i own that's all i can muster. T_T

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

here's something you might like - (VT-1)

2seaterVT-1pic.jpg

Can't get much better han these pics sorry, i folded my book as far as i could stand it. :lol:

yjfyjfyjif.jpg

So will you go for the 2 seater seat slidey action now? :p On an angle so it might prove to be a challenge! ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Ruskii,

Thanks for the pics. Yeah, I have these.

Sorry, no seat sliding for VE-1.

Anybody else have pics?

You mean no seat slidin' for the VE-1 AND VT-1 right? Just that the pic shows the VT-1 2 seat battroid cut away.

Doesn't matter of course! :D

You mean no seat slidin' for the VE-1 AND VT-1 right? No sliding seats. ^_^

Just that the pic shows the VT-1 2-seat battroid cut away. After working with Yamato's sculpt, there is enough room in there to wedge rotating seats, but it would require a complete restructurizing of the internal components. Not to mention a newly designed front landing gear, and seats that fold (or extend), plus figures that would either be amputated at the knees or derive a way to make them articualted. In any case, there would be a lot more involvement than I would care to ramble on about. :wacko:

Doesn't matter of course! Cool. B)):D

Edited by nightmareB4macross

there is enough room in there to wedge rotating seats, but it would require a complete restructurizing of the internal components. Not to mention a newly designed front landing gear, and seats that fold (or extend), plus figures that would either be amputated at the knees or derive a way to make them articualted. In any case, there would be a lot more involvement than I would care to ramble on about. wacko.gif

Stop being lazy! DO IT!

wpppshhhHH!

Lots of updates, but there is too much to divulge at this time.

Everyone can come to the Con and see it completed and painted. ^_^

Not fair!

Actually who's planning to fly internationally to go to the MWcon? Besides Graham? (your going right dude?)

• 2 weeks later...
As much as I want to see it, I cannot afford to go to the con this year. However, I am interested if Yamato will buy into this so they can produce and release these babies for public consumption.

Well, if nothing comes from this in a few months. Then I'd say it's time for me to step in and make it (kits) possible.

Well, if nothing comes from this in a few months. Then I'd say it's time for me to step in and make it (kits) possible.

HELL YEAH!!!

:ph34r:

How would these kits be built? Like ala Cpt. America's? Cleaner? Easier to fit?

I was thinking, as i'm partial to buying another Valk body just for the VE-1, when i'd rather just slap on

the VE-1's FP's, Boosters and Head on my VT-1. :p

Maybe it's not so bad, i put in an order for 2 Angel Birds that are on sale at hlj.com, (which are for the VT-1 and VF-1D

conversions / MUST HAVES) but after that, how much is the conversion gonna cost (services) for our uber customers

and then the paint job? How much would Yamato charge for a factory produced one?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 3 weeks later...

I know it is not a couple of months, but I am always hungry for news. I hope Yamato is buying into this.

Is there even a possibility that Yamato is gonna hire your services? ...

From the looks of it all signs point to no. So sad, they're 1/48s and V.2 1/60s could have been much better, but that's just my humble opinion.

I guess I'll just release the kits and wait for Yamato to borrow (I'm being nice here) from my ideas. <_<

From the looks of it all signs point to no. So sad, they're 1/48s and V.2 1/60s could have been much better, but that's just my humble opinion.

I guess I'll just release the kits and wait for Yamato to borrow (I'm being nice here) from my ideas. <_<

Sorry to hear about that NB4M. Still your work is awesome! Thanks for sharing!!! :D

Frankly, I think it is a mistake on Yamato's part. Your work is excellent and your ideas are sound. I think they are passing up a damn good opportunity. I mean come on, I doubt you were being greedy. I think a commission wouldnt break the bank when sales of a 2-seater 1/48 would go well beyond that. Hell they would have at least 4 repaints of the 2 seaters to sell so I doubt reuseablity of the molds would be good. Then again company politics... who am I to judge especially I dont know the details. At least you show it can be done NB4M and I am thankful for that.