2 seater 1/48s

EXO

would you want one?  

270 members have voted

1. 1. would you want one?

• Hell yeah! Bring them all on! Ostrich, Elint, VF-1D
    • I would buy just one
    • What for? All 2 seaters suck! Backseat drivers suck. You suck!!!
    • I'm done with the 1/48s... and thank god so is Yamato.

• 11 months later...
What a tease. Want more.

:o:D:)^_^

That depends on Graham's response from Yamato.

At this point I'm just refining the sculpt.

The only issue I have now is trying to get the connection point from the escape capsule to the VF-1 arm to reach and attach. But it's getting there.

Ah, I was thinking of something else. I can't wait to know more about your project (and when orders will be taken). :lol:

The orange parts are of course John Moscato's beginnings, but the end result will be totally my doing (and as always, thank you John).

As far as selling this, I don't think I want to take this on. There about 30 new parts just to make this all happen. I would like Yamato to produce and distribute this to all. Believe me, you don't want to know the estimated cost to perform this recasting task.

Currently:

- Pilots seat slide in and out through the upper egress in battroid mode.

- The head tilts forward.

- The escape capsule detaches in all three modes. Even without the cockpit the battoid/fighter/gerwalk mode still stands and the head remains in place.

- The heatshield still remains functional.

- The head actually (now) has a neck and looks more closely related to the Yamato sculpts and the lineart of the SK books.

- All parts are being produced to ensure toy quality results.

- No flimsy parts. No low slung head. Everything tucks into place and looks stock.

- The swingbar is does not have to be moved to accomodate anything, it works great with it.

That's it for now.

If they were gonna make only one, I'd want it to be the vf-1d. But what the heck....the more the merrier!!! Plus of course, we all know by now that milking the molds would be in yamato's best financial interest.

Psh. If it's one thing that Yamato has proved they CAN do, it's milking the VF-1 mold...

That depends on Graham's response from Yamato.

As far as selling this, I don't think I want to take this on. There about 30 new parts just to make this all happen. I would like Yamato to produce and distribute this to all. Believe me, you don't want to know the estimated cost to perform this recasting task.

Hmm, can I read between the lines here and assume you have presented your ideas to Yamato with Graham's help? If so that's awesome, even if it doesn't come to fruition (of course we would all be happier if it did ;))

I've never understood why it cant be done. We know its possible and it doesn't require that much to accomplish the modification

and even the purchase price would not be much of an issue . the Vf0a w/booster is selling and so is the SV 51. So why not?

I've never understood why it cant be done. We know its possible and it doesn't require that much to accomplish the modification

and even the purchase price would not be much of an issue . the Vf0a w/booster is selling and so is the SV 51. So why not?

My thoughts exactly. We all know it can be done, and they damn well know it too.

I would SO buy one if they'd only make it...maybe one day they'll see the light.

-Kyp

The modifications for this are extreme. It's really wasn't that easy to figure out. The parts needed to make the seats slide up and out required a lot of alterations, and customs parts (not to mention blood, sweat, and lots of swearing).

Let's just wait for Graham to give me a response as to wether Yamato wants to do this or not.

The design for the transformation mechanisms on this VF-1D are actually the forefront for the VE-1 and VT-1, but not exactly the same as the VF-1D. You'll see it in due time.

I would like Yamato to produce and distribute this to all.

I'm curious as to how Yamato would respond. It may be a bit more complex than we think since all their Valkyries have to go to Kawamori for approval. I wonder if Nishikawa's contract with Yamato allows Yamato to make significant changes to his sculpts (design flaws aside) without consulting him first. IIRC, Nishikawa is a major designer in Japan and I wouldn't be surprised if he has some say in the way his sculpts are changed. Finally, there's the matter of royalties...

I'm curious as to how Yamato would respond. It may be a bit more complex than we think since all their Valkyries have to go to Kawamori for approval. I wonder if Nishikawa's contract with Yamato allows Yamato to make significant changes to his sculpts (design flaws aside) without consulting him first. IIRC, Nishikawa is a major designer in Japan and I wouldn't be surprised if he has some say in the way his sculpts are changed. Finally, there's the matter of royalties...

I think this is the real reason we haven't seen a 2 seater 1/48.

I wouldn't say it's an issue of design flaws since the VF-1D is very distinct in certain areas when compared to the VF-1.

Yeah, I agree. They don't have to be that anime accurate to the point of sliding 2-seater....just repaint the freaking 1/48 and change the head with a set of new back pack. Why not???post-3608-1189513280.gif

It will be a winner for sure$$$$$$$$.

I would just be happy if they made one that's simply a two seater. It doesn't have to have the sliding seats out of the top in battroid mode, I just want a fothermucking 1/48 two seater, Goddamnit. :angry:

-Kyp

Edited by Mowe

• 6 months later...

Back from the grave....

What makes the two seaters possible? Well lots of hard work and labor and an instense amount of hours spent over toiling to create a perfect transformation VF-1D with the possibility of the VE-1 and the VT-1 to follow.

For now that is all I can say as the ball is now in Yamato's court.

NB4M :lol: