70's Hi-Vis Valk

Damian

Hi All!

Just a quick post to show off my little Valk. It was an Angel-Birds VF-1A, but I dug up some decals from the spares box to deck to plane out in a 70’s USN Hi-Vis gull grey over white scheme.

p.s. Sorry about the poor pic quality, I’m still learning to use my new cheapo digi-cam! I'll take some more later and post them.

post-3-1063205960_thumb.jpg

If your digi cam has an autofocus feature, you'll need to figure out where the target is. For example, in the first pic, it focused on the tail section and the background images. Some autofocus work in the way of partially depressing the "Take picture" (sorry don't know the proper name) button, and you wait a second or so while the computer figures out the proper focus based on the distance from the lense to the target.

What you can do to help with the focus is to zoom in until the valk fits neatly into the frame and center the main body of the valk in the picture. Partially depress the photo button, and wait for the focus, and then if you want, shift the camera around while the button is partially depressed. The picture will stay in focus (as long as you don't move the camera closer or further), and then when things are just right, take a picture!

BTW Nice valk!

What really caught my eye is the Hornet back there!  Also, is that an F-100's nose in the lower-left corner?

That hornet sure looks good! I wish I have the skills to paint like that. :(

:) The secret is spray paint...Machine Grey I think the colour was... ;) But I do have problems with the Hornet though it had some nasty seams created by my inexperience...But thanx for the positive comments!